Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an aux. input for an MP3 or Satallite receiver on the stereo that comes with the convienience package ( 6 CD player) ?If so where is it located. I want to add a satallite receiver to my truck but would prefer a direct input instead of playing it through the FM radio. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
421 Posts

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
I had XMDirect installed in mine. It is a add on unit that wires in between the radio and the wire harness. Can do the samething with Sirus.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My truck is an 05 and the window sticker made reference to an input for an MP3 player. I couldn't find anything in the owners manual about it and the dealer is clueless. I definitely would prefer a direct input instead of a FM modulator.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,702 Posts
I've posted a couple of messages asking for more info on the GM12-AUXV2 PIE device that allows for any aux audio device to plug into the back of the radio head unit (like an external CD changer).

I did not get any respones, but I ordered the unit. I hope to get it in the next couple of days but based on my work schedule it may be a week or more before I can attempt to install it.

The 1SA optioned SSR (2003, 2004, 2005) comes with a single CD radio that IS MP3 compatible while the 1SB option package upgrades the radio to a Bose system but it is NOT MP3 capable. You pay more to get less (on that one feature)....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.