Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forum Members,

We now have available allocations to fill for the New SSR. This car as I am sure you know will be very limited so our allocations will be few. We are a 30 year old Chevrolet Dealer with a great reputation for Customer Satisfaction as well as being a Top 25 COrvette dealer. If you are interested in placing an order for one of our available SSR's please contact me directly at 888.266.1434 or you can e-mail me at [email protected].

:D

·
Registered
347 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jason! :cheers

For those of you that did not come to SSRfanatic via Corvetteforum.com you may not know Jason. He has been selling Corvettes to our 45,000 members over there for a long time now. He always gets positive feedback.

Jason - hopefully you can help us sort out some of the questions on the board about production dates and such.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Jason gonna sell his SSRs at MSRP? :) I doubt it.

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right...we will not be selling them at MSRP but at this point the issue more about getting the car. If you are interested in getting one this year please let me know. One added note. We just started this process, so our first allocation is still available. It has a July/August allocation.

:D

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:D So would I but at this time my dealer is selling them for above MSRP.:) Anyone interested please let me know! I have some early allocations available.

·
Registered
413 Posts
all we need is another dealer to price gouge us

J
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really... so let me guess when you decide to trade yours in or sell it to someone you are going to give it to them for below fair market value arent you. The reality is that if you had an SSR and were going to sell it you would be trying to get as much as you could for it just as we are. Remember that the next time you are getting rid of one of your cars!

:jester

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's called supply and demand. :) I never hear anyone complain about ripping off a dealer when the dealer has to discount to sell a vehicle. ;)

I can guarantee that you will get good customer service from Jason. That has to count for something. :cheers

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have bought over 20 new chevys in the last 10 years and never paid over msrp and bought several cars that were in high demand I have a ssr on order and my dealer is not gouging me

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I maybe selling my SSR when I get it later this year. According to my dealer, I only pay MSRP since I have reserved it in 2001 for $500. Now if I sell it, I will be asking for as much money as I can. That's human nature.

The problem I have with a dealer selling a car for more than MSRP is that it is very shortsighted. They get one or two cars and it will serve them better if they sell at MSRP to older customers or raffle off the spot for MSRP. If they try to get as much money as they can from their customers, it may leave a bad taste in their FUTURE customers' mouth. One car can not make them or break them, so why the bad publicity?

Having said that, I hope every freaking dealer out there tries to gouge you all so I my car's value would go through the roof. :)

My rule is that I will sell mine if someone is offering me more than $10k or better. For less than 10K, I will not sell and enjoy it myself. I have heard that they may go as much as 100K. :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
eatsleepbreathM said:
it will serve them better if they sell at MSRP to older customers or raffle off the spot for MSRP. If they try to get as much money as they can from their customers, it may leave a bad taste in their FUTURE customers' mouth. One car can not make them or break them, so why the bad publicity?
That's a good point. It can make sense from a business perspective to offer them at msrp to longtime repeat customers.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
News in the Chicago Tribune

Chevy picks up pace of SSR debut events

Published April 3, 2003

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Chevrolet SSR roadster pickup, first shown as a concept at the Detroit Auto Show in 2000, becomes reality this summer as an '03 model.

But only 3,500 will be built for the '03 model year, and of those, 25 have been designated Signature Series models that are bound for museums or charity auctions and not available to off-the-street traffic.

"It's safe to say first-year output is sold out," said Bob Walczyk, SSR marketing manager.

"We'll produce 3,500 between now and November before switching to '04 output. Starting with the '04 model year, we'll build up to 15,000 annually. But output will always be limited to ensure they'll always be desired as collectibles," he said.

"Not all dealers [4,100 nationwide] will see an '03 model, but all will have at least one by the end of the '04 model year," he said.

We chatted with Walczyk at the preview here of the SSR pace car chosen for this year's Indy 500.

Because Walczyk was some distance away on the other side of the dinner table, we felt it safe to ask: "And who's the dummy who decided to price the SSR at $41,995?"

"We had a lot of help from senior management in coming up with that price," he said with a broad smile.

Bed features: Not only is a roadster truck novel, but SSR also offers a power retractable hardtop. The front portion slips inside the rear portion and then both slip vertically into a compartment directly behind the seats that's only about 14 inches wide.

The retractable top takes up so little space you still have a good size (3-foot, 5-inch by 4-foot 2-inch) cargo bed. The bed has a hardtop cover, which opens manually. You can slip at least two sets of golf clubs or several bags of groceries inside, but you have to remove the hard cover and store it in your garage to carry tall items such as mountain bikes. (Grooves in the bed are designed to secure bike racks.)

Considering the SSR starts at $41,995, don't expect the cargo bed to be used for real heavy-duty or dirty hauling, such as gravel or sod.

Stoking demand: The problem with a novel vehicle such as the SSR is the uniqueness. This is why Chrysler has offered so many variants of the PT Cruiser since it was first introduced as a 2001 model.

And what about the SSR?

"The challenge is to keep it hot by keep coming out with something to make it hot and not let it go stale. We have other things planned in SSR's lifecycle, but we can't talk about them," said Ed Ivey, program engineering director for the SSR.

"One thing we will do, however, is always cap production volume at 15,000 units annually, although we had considered lower volume than that originally," he said.

"When the Pontiac Fiero first came out, we just kept on producing them until every one who wanted one had one, and then when everyone had one, well . . . " Ivey said.

Power plans: When it comes to derivatives, perhaps the future will bring the SSR something other than the 5.3-liter, 290-horsepower V-8? It's the same V-8 in the extended-length TrailBlazer; SSR is built off the same platform as the regular-length TrailBlazer.

"We'll consider more powerplants down the road," Ivey said. "The concept came out in 2000 and in the short time we had between concept and production we had to go with the engine offered in the TrailBlazer. But we're also hoping for some even better horsepower numbers in the future."

And a manual transmission, maybe, because it only offers a 4-speed automatic now?

"We don't have a manual for the 5.3-liter V-8 anywhere in the corporation as of now," he said.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts