Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my dad and I went to a show in Loves Park, IL. It was a benifit show for The Walter Lawson childrens home. They had participant voting for the TOP 60 vehicles. and then had specialty awards for best gm, chevy,mopar,ford and orhan cars. Also had police chiefs, fire chiefs, mayors, directors, best of show stock and custom, and a memorial award. The trophies they handed out were 30" tall for the top 60, 4' tall for the cheifs and mayors and best of classes, 5' for the two best of show stock and modified, and a6' trophy forthe memorial award. :angel

The run down put my SSR in the upper part of the top 60, my dad with his special edition 2004 power tour silverado got one later on in the top 60, and one of the custom chopped pick ups (1940 chevy) I rebuilt back in the early 90's won best of show modified.

How cool is that, to have three vehicle you've worked on, win awards at the same show?

The guy that won best of show custom came over afterwards, and said thanks for doing such a nice job on the truck.

Here's a teaser of the best of show truck.

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Your hat must be so full of feathers that people are mistaking you for a bird :lol :thumbs
Way to go, give yourself a pat on the back.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,782 Posts
Congrats, FUZZ. there is no luck involved when something like this happens. I saw the kind of work you do a month ago. Pictures can't convey what you see in real time. Keep on, keeping on.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
180 Posts
Cudos, Cudos

Congratulations Fuzz! Can't imagine any vehicle you have ever touched not finishing in the top bracket! Love the chopped '40 Chevy pickup! Outstanding work! :thumbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts