Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THANKS Kwhopper AND SSR290 !!!

BEEN CATCHING ALL THE COMMERCIALS TONIGHT FOR

MY FAVORITE VEHICLE...THE SSR....WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INCREDIBLE STUNT DRIVING ON THAT CAR CARRIER!!!

SAW MY RED ONE ON THE DIGITAL DISPLAY BOARD IN

TIMES SQUARE!! WHAT AN AWESOME MEDIA BLITZ!!!

MAKES ME WANT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE!!!!

THIS IS ONE COMMERCIAL I WONT MUTE!!!!THANKS

GENERAL!!!!!

YOUR LADYINRED, LIZZ

:angel

T

·
0 Posts
I Love Yellow

The commercials were great the yellow is still my favorate. HAPPY NEW YEAR.:angel :cheers

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Love the Yellow!!!

The commercial is really great - no billboard around here...

Watching the 2 min version on the web yesterday afternoon convinced me to take my SSR out for a drive - was kinda foggy...

I really like the shot of the 3 kids behind the fence watching in awe as the SSR passes by. My SSR has stopped activity on an entire schoolyard - the young kids really dig the SSR.

Yellow is by far the color to have. Photographs well - even on a grey day:::

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
no red is :jester

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree with you redssrloaded!!

REDLINE RED..... HAS MY VOTE!!!!

Took her for a short spin today...aroung the Hoover Dam

area ...More reaction today than ever before!!!

Lots of thumbs up!!! Getting wind gusts today

of 40 to 50 mph..so decided to wait till later..

May head down to the Las Vegas Strip again..

Ladyinred,

:angel Lizz

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Whatever color you have, drive it!!!! I got rock chips galore but you know what,I bought this baby to drive it and I am havin a ball. Of course, black shows all the little imperfections but who cares. This thing is a blast to drive. Bring on the Evololution/Revolution!!!! This truck rocks! After I get a few more rock chips, I will use my rock chip repair kit and fix em up anyways. I just consider those little flaws the christening of this baby.

·
Registered
112 Posts
cruzned said:
:cheers Whatever color you have, drive it!!!! I just consider those little flaws the christening of this baby.
I got mine christened by some jealous a$$**le kids at the Mall on tuesday, they keyed it! :banghead If I ever find someone doing it I will be in jail for murder :cuss

D

·
0 Posts
I loved the car carrier commercial, I thought the back ground music was kinda weak.

kwhopper89, Can you post a link to the two minute version on the web. Thanks

SMKN_SSR, It could have been some dumb a$$ adult as well, instead of the word "murder" wouldn't it be nicer to just say you would "correct a wrong done to you"........the results would still be the same. :yesnod

Al

·
Registered
181 Posts
SMKN-SSR, Having a ride as nice as a new SSR "keyed" on a parking lot really sucks. I don't like getting rock chips and minor door dings but that's to be expected. For some idiot to intentionally damage your car is simply unacceptable. I would want a jury of my peers, IE: true, 100%, gear-headed, devoted car buffs to determine my guilt or innocence. I don't think the average motorist understands how we feel about our vehicles. I really do "feel your pain" as I know how upset I would be to find that my SSR had been "keyed". That's one of my biggest fears about parking at a restaurant or mall or where ever. Why do some malcontents have to piss on someone elses dream. I just don't understand!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
American Revolution Ad Link

Chevrolets new web page opens to "Magic Carpet Ride" now...
http://www.chevrolet.com/index_intro.html

After the page loads - the link is under the 'On Television' column...

Both Versions are there - but I can't figure out how to download or save them yet.

GM - if your listening: A DVD sent out to SSR owners of this great ad would be a great PR act - we do deserve it for all the answers we give when quizzed on our SSR's...

·
Registered
705 Posts
Re: American Revolution Ad Link

kwhopper89 said:
Chevrolets new web page opens to "Magic Carpet Ride" now...
http://www.chevrolet.com/index_intro.html

After the page loads - the link is under the 'On Television' column...

Both Versions are there - but I can't figure out how to download or save them yet.

GM - if your listening: A DVD sent out to SSR owners of this great ad would be a great PR act - we do deserve it for all the answers we give when quizzed on our SSR's...
I don't need the whole ad, GM. Just the 2 hours you spent taping the SSR part.

·
Registered
705 Posts
SMKN_SSR said:
I got mine christened by some jealous a$$**le kids at the Mall on tuesday, they keyed it! :banghead If I ever find someone doing it I will be in jail for murder :cuss
This is what is wrong with our society. I was a punk (literally and figuratively) as a teenager. Also pretty spoiled by my parents. Never I can remember thinking that I want to do harm anyone or their property. Where are these people coming from? My fear is that if someone can key your car, has no problems shooting you in a few years. I don't think it's a big assumption that these people would eventually be considered scum of the earth. Sorry to hear about your loss...

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
New SSR ad

I understand the the next SSR commercial is called "Soap" - has to do w/ kids washing their mouths out after seeing a SSR.

"OH SH$$" - with "IT" being drowned out by the sound of the neighbors SSR starting up!

Can't wait for that one - I think it starts being shown on the 12th of this month...

N

·
0 Posts
As of 1-6-04, the 1 minute and the 2 minute versions of the Car Carrier ads are on chevrolet.com but I didn't see the "Soap" commercial listed yet.

M

·
0 Posts
I HAVE A RED SSR ALSO. IT'S MY BABY I HAVEN'T DRIVEN IT MUCH YET AS THE WEATHER HERE IN MENTOR WON'T LET ME. WHEN I DO DRIVE IT I WOIULD NEVER LET IT OUT OF MY SIGHT. IT'S TO BAD THAT PEOPLE CAN'T RESPECT A BEAUTIFUL CAR. I WOULD HELP YOU KICK THE %$#@ OUT OF THAT PERSON. LOL

·
Registered
168 Posts
Redline Is SSR

When I first saw the artists' renderings of this truck as a concept vehicle, I knew I wanted a red one. I have always loved the late 40s chevy trucks, which remind me of my great uncle's when I was a kid. He was the city cop in a town of 1000 and his 48 was the cop car! I loved it. I picked up my Redline Red last Thursday.

Can't figure out how to get that darn flashing red light on the roof to retract with the top...oh well.

I think yellow will get a bit dated and red is always good...whatever color you have, ENJOY!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the superbowl commercial with the bars of soap? please email it to me :D
mailto:[email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts