Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long winter here in CT I finally put the Axiom bars on my 2005 Aqua Blur. It was a very straight forward installation with no problems! The whole installation took about an hour!! Just removed the OEM bar and signal lights to get more access to the grill area for the ty-wraps to hold the bars in place while the GE silicone glue set-up. They look GREAT!! Thanks Axiom!!! :thumbs I put photos in my gallery, don't know how to add them to this post.

JimO :party

·
Registered
601 Posts
n29we said:
Well, after a long winter here in CT I finally put the Axiom bars on my 2005 Aqua Blur. It was a very straight forward installation with no problems! The whole installation took about an hour!! Just removed the OEM bar and signal lights to get more access to the grill area for the ty-wraps to hold the bars in place while the GE silicone glue set-up. They look GREAT!! Thanks Axiom!!! :thumbs I put photos in my gallery, don't know how to add them to this post.

JimO :party

The bars look great. I also love that plate cover you have.

·
Registered
322 Posts
N29WE - New Style

Amazing results!!! It really looks fantastic on the Blur!!

Very Glad you like them! Very striking on that color :cool A great combo.

Everytime I see them on another color I'm more impressed with their ability to simply dress up the grille and give it more status. Very nice install job!

Spring Time with a fun new style! Bet your the only SSR Blur in CT that looks THAT cool!! :flag

S

·
0 Posts
Lesaaaaaaaaaaa......................where are mine? I ordered them on the 12thhhhhhhhhhh......................can't wait to get them...................... :sleep :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Axiom! Are the grille bars going on sale any time soon? :)

P.S. My husband bought me my SSR for graduation--do I get the axiom bars at the New Year discount price for my graduation present? I can get them if I can...
:agree

Please dont send me back a :nono

·
Registered
395 Posts
SAM
I ordered mine back when they were on sale, and I'm still waiting also.
The snow is gone and I'm getting anxious ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Jim....Bars look great on your BLUR :thumbs plastic ties work great for this application...no muss, no fuss.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
322 Posts
Eeeeek!!

Hey Guys (and Gals) !!

Bill and I spoke, his are leavin in the next days!

We are swamped with Grilles done, but not painted!! The paint is difficult, but worth all the time put into doing them. Painting is 7-9 days alone. And if not perfect, I send em back!! :cuss

It is chrome fever over here!! They are moving as fast as possible, but are limited to the paint requirements for each next step!!

Can't rush a good thing :) Theyr'e comin guys, they're comin ;) ...........we are pumping them faster than at the start of this option
- but I do not want them getting sure of themselves, then I find issues and have to send em back.

They hate me now!! But oh well!! They look forward to each prepainted spoiler just for the break from chrome!!

Glad to see your all excited!! Hoping this Means you'll be even happier when they arrive!! ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Don't worry hepaidformyssr, the way I trade cars, I'll probably get mine AFTER I've already traded it off, and I can sell them to you at a good price! :lol
(I tried to trade it 2 days ago for a new 2004 Jaguar XJ, but I owe too much on mine.) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
395 Posts
LESA called me this afternoon we're getting close next week if all goes good.

OOPS ! ! ! ! Wrong word-- after talking to LESA again I don't think the word GOOD is in her vocabulary, I think PERFECT is more her style ! ! ! ! :yesnod

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Bill Scott said:
LESA called me this afternoon we're getting close next week if all goes good.

OOPS ! ! ! ! Wrong word-- after talking to LESA again I don't think the word GOOD is in her vocabulary, I think PERFECT is more her style ! ! ! ! :yesnod
You are correct. The only word that Leza knows is PERFECT!!!!!! After purchasing both the grill bars and the painted rear spoiler, all I can say is that it is well worth the wait. If you think you have a smile on you face now, it is nothing compared to the one you will have when finished.

My only regret is that they don't have more parts for me to buy!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

Marc :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :yesnod :seeya :seeya

B

·
0 Posts
Fore ever and a day when you are the one waiting, sometimes two days!! :lol :lol :thumbs :seeya

S

·
0 Posts
I know! :rolleyes:
I wish I had it in writing, on an e-mail, or something, but I looked, and I don't.
I was told on the phone when I ordered them around 3-12-05 that it should be about 3 weeks, well it's been 4 now, and from what I'm reading here, people have been waiting something like 12 weeks???????? :(
I'm sorry, but I think that's just a little too long. :nono

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sam!!! Your killin me!! :willy:

:lurk
"Are we there yet?...............
"Are we there yet?...............

Lots of traffic ahead kids, we'll get there, its just not our turn yet. Everyone beat us to the road today :)

Ya grabbed yer set quite a ways into the offer -
We can make and send off an unpainted set in 2 days ;)

The chroming option requires 7 days for just that layer to cure and reveal any imperfections (3 days of surfacing PRIOR to that ) After the Chrome finish, they clearcoat and again sand and polish to a nice smooth finish. Then I sit on the order for a week to assure the chrome has properly kicked off below the topcoat. An Issue did occur with one set which shipped before fully curing even though they were perfect when shipped. Unacceptable. We need to take the time to assure a fine product. Timing is important I truely agree....but.... is NOT more important than the patience and detail necessary to customize using specialty paints properly - especially with chrome. There is NO way to perfect this finish over and over like a production plant. (-according the the paint manufacturer) EACH order is special, has an owners name, and is given all the dedication it needs to come out as perfect as the last order. Only a few sets per week is what allows us to maintain control over the very specific surfacing requirements.

The labor cost for this option elsewhere would already be absorbed before they are even chrome treated. But more important to us is that you get a fantastic product to brag about and enjoy!

YOUR order is just as important! Im a soo very glad you finally came to like them and now cannot wait to get them. But there is an order we must follow :) :flag

Thank you for your gentle nudges ;) I am very eager to see everyone with their sets proudly displayed. The guys are feelin the heat, but are adamant about thier process and requirements. You know real automotive guys, and how they are with their work!! I Don't tell em what to do, or how to do it, just let em do what they do best

I really hope you are able to keep faith and be just as proud as the ones who are already cruizin with theirs :thumbs

·
Registered
21 Posts
Very unique, special items take time. If you're in a rush, visit Auto Zone. Good things come to those who wait, and yes, I'm one of those happily waiting for and anticipating the arrival of my AXIOM grille set. After all, I waited two years to get my SSR.

S

·
0 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate quality, and I have no doubt that the Axiom Grills are built under the highest standards. :thumbs
I just feel their should have been some in stock, so when you order them they should arrive in 7 to 10 days. I was even willing to wait 3 weeks, but much longer than that is out of the question.
Keep in mind the longest I've EVER owned any car is 14 months, and the average for me is 7 months, so waiting 3 months for something seems like an eternity. :sleep

1 - 20 of 25 Posts