Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from micar collision center where my boys put on the spoiler. There were certainly some very big ups and downs. Glad I had them do the install.
-The recommended not using the suggested "Silicon Adhesive" since it is very bad for paint. They recommended, if I chose any adhesive at all, to use "FUSOR", the top of the line product, at $40 per tube for this purpose.
-I chose not to use adhesive because if I ever wanted to get the part off for repair later, it would be next to impossible without destorying the original fascia and the aftermarket part.
-I chosed to add extra clips and screws to reinforce the spoiler and make it totally removable later.
-Once temporarily on, it appeared the part was about 1 1/2 inches too long. Troy recommended that Axiom shorten the part by about 3/4 of an inch so that it will fit better. Troy tweaked and did his magic and we got it to fit pretty nicely after adding extra clips.
-The predrilled holes on the driver's side were 1/4" off so he drilled new ones (the holes at the wheel wells).
-1st tab on the inside, driver's side, 1/4" off, redrilled to fit fascia. Same on passenger side.
-Used bigger clips at the center (you can get them at any hardware store). Those two holes are predrilled at factory on the original fascia. Bigger clips were more stable and hold better.
-Recommend using protruding head clips since they are easier to remove. They also hold firmer.
-Definately need a lift. You can't do this on the ground.
-Install took 1.5 hours.
-cost me $105.00 for install.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and the finished installation. HOpe these pics help all of you interested in this fanstastic upgrade. I personally feel it looks tremendous. My installer said that Axiom made a superior product with superb fit and finish, it just needed to be about 3/4 inch shorter, but that is often to be expected with these types of items. He was very impressed with the craftsmanship.

Attachments

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
It looks terrific. :thumbs Hope Lesa dad gets to see all is hard work in person. :angel :grouphug

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
cruzned said:
Apparently some of the members who have emailed me don't know where to get this spoiler. Here ya go:

Lesa A. Dodd

Axiom Design Solutions, Inc.
[email protected]

949.631.0108 Ph

949.631.0098 Fx

www.axiomdesignsolutions.com*

FYI
For those members who haven't been following the previous threads (and therefore did not know where to order these), you should know that these are not already made and ready for sale. Do a search for the other threads and find out more about the spoiler (how it's made, who makes it, how to order, how long it takes to get the product, etc.)

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Excellent point John. I ordered in May, got it this week. Personally, I feel it was worth the wait. I would think that production of the parts once the mold is made would be a bit more hasty, but Lesa at Axiom is the one to talk to for a realistic date of arrival at this point in time.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Great photography work Ed! How many sore muscles did you end up with getting all of those underneath shots! End results look great on your "Smokin Asphalt"! Thanks for being the guinea pig and sharing your install with us! Watch those speed bumps and those drainage dips!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lately, the muscles that ache are from surfing these great swells that "Irene", our friendly neighborhood tropical storm is generating. It is just soooo nice to be back in the water again. I feel just like a little kid all over again. :thumbs

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Keep Us Posted

living2be said:
Great photography work Ed! How many sore muscles did you end up with getting all of those underneath shots! End results look great on your "Smokin Asphalt"! Thanks for being the guinea pig and sharing your install with us! Watch those speed bumps and those drainage dips!
:agree Ditto:

Hey Ed

Keep us posted on your chin spoiler, do you see a temp change on your gauge, is it doing the job its intended to do??? :thumbs

Happy :ssr ing
:seeya Tony

B

·
0 Posts
spoiler

still think maddog6198 spoiler is 1000 times better and will wait to find where it came from.....Axiom's spoiler is to boxey and it's just not right for the ssr ,,look at maddogs, it looks like it came from chevy, maddogs is so smooth and just so right, it looks like it came from the factory ...

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Spoiler

Looks awesome, but it does look a little to wide, comes out over the edges too far??! And you got to get rid of the license plate! Takes away from the look, totally!!
:seeya

GR

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apparently "The People" often don't think local elections are important enough to bother with and thus, you see the result. I'm used to it now. no big deal really. I just wish everyone voted when the opportunity arrives.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think it is important to mention, as others have said in regards to front end spoilers, that there is certainly a very good chance you will scrape your front spoiler on just about any curb or curb blocking found in most parking spaces. I measured it today and if I had not been careful and stopped, gotten out and checked, I would most certainly have taken out the spoiler. This would also happen with just about any front end spoiler. It's fine on every speed bump, even the higher ones, but definately a big problem in regards to curbs. I am now backing into parking spaces to avoid that problem. The factory air dam sits back about a foot from the nose of the car so you would not have encountered this problem, however, with the addition of a spoiler at the same height, it definately will hit the curb. It would be as if you had taken that air dam a whole foot or so forward. That being said, I am just totally loving this thing! I just thought it would be helpful for others considering any kind of front spoiler what to be cautious about. If I encounter any other issues with the spoiler I will be glad to let everyone know. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
spoiler

You stated that the spoiler was about 1.5 inches to long. First how did you compensate for the length when you installed it? By the way, I have one on order also in black, could the problem be that the front is wrap around that there appears to be variable measurments. I am one of those people that like to do everything themselves, even though I not very good at anything.Any helpful hints will be appreciated. : :ssr:smash

1 - 20 of 28 Posts