Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the difference in ground clearance between the installed Front Spoilers from Axiom and 3G ?

I am considering investing in one of these. I like them both, but I am concerned about the potential of hitting curbs, parking space concrete stops, etc that could potentially be damaged upon impact, rubbing, etc. I would like to know the height differences (ground clearance), if anyone happens to know. Or maybe if anyone can chime in with the measurements of just one, we can get a "cumulative" answer to this question...

Thanks in advance for your input(s)...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Axiom Vs 3g Ground

3g Ground You Might Have To Careful When Pulling In And Out Driveways
Head Into Parking Stalls.

Axiom You Never Have To Worry About , Because You Will Never Receive It.

I'm Sorry , I Was Just Venting!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
:glol :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
893 Posts
Yep

My slentiments e-zackly:glol :smash :glol :smash :glol I wonder how long it would take he-ll to freeze over???????:agree :glol

·
Registered
158 Posts
I installed the 3G spoiler and the only measurment that I remember is that it is 2 inches lower then the factory strip bolted to the bottom of the radiator. I'll swing up in the morning and take a measurment and post.

I'm not to concerned if I scrape or crack it, since it's made of fiberglass it's an easy repair and I have lots on hand.........now if I pick off a raccoon that'll be another story....

see ya down the blvd........
kroozn

Attachments

·
Registered
893 Posts
What he said.......

kroozn said:
I installed the 3G spoiler and the only measurment that I remember is that it is 2 inches lower then the factory strip bolted to the bottom of the radiator. I'll swing up in the morning and take a measurment and post.

I'm not to concerned if I scrape or crack it, since it's made of fiberglass it's an easy repair and I have lots on hand.........now if I pick off a raccoon that'll be another story....

see ya down the blvd........
kroozn
:agree What he said.....since we both have the same spoiler........But I worry more about hitting a alligator!!!!!!! for real or the kind you get up north-----6 ft. of blown out truck tire tread.......in your lane and no where to go but hit it!!!!!!!!!:banghead

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Anyone driving any type of vehicle that puts on a front chin spoiler will need to change their driving habits. Speed has a lot to do with it. If you approach an embankment such as a driveway, you will have to approach it diagonally as I do. My Axiom spoiler will definately scrape if I go out the parking lot into the little dip so I take it very slow and diagonal and no problem. It only took one scrape to change my driving habits. I like the looks of all the spoilers out there, but right now, it appears that the 3G one is most available.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
TJR1952 said:
3g Ground You Might Have To Careful When Pulling In And Out Driveways
Head Into Parking Stalls.

Axiom You Never Have To Worry About , Because You Will Never Receive It.

I'm Sorry , I Was Just Venting!

Not looking to add salt to an open wound but, having said that, pretend you never laid your eyes upon the name AXIOM. Unless you are looking to make a donation, look elseware----------- Enough people have been hurt.

Marc

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
cruzned said:
Anyone driving any type of vehicle that puts on a front chin spoiler will need to change their driving habits. Speed has a lot to do with it. If you approach an embankment such as a driveway, you will have to approach it diagonally as I do. My Axiom spoiler will definately scrape if I go out the parking lot into the little dip so I take it very slow and diagonal and no problem. It only took one scrape to change my driving habits. I like the looks of all the spoilers out there, but right now, it appears that the 3G one is most available.

Well said Ed! Just look at the 3 options you get from 3G!

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
You could just hang painted construction paper off the chin. It would look real snazy and hitting a curb wouldn't matter,... much.

·
Premium Member
2,320 Posts
3G Clearance

The clearance we measured after install was exactly 6.5 inches to the flat ground. Yes, it is imperitive to angle an approach to a raised curb or street gutter, it is still OK.
I have scraped mine twice so far, a great learning experience.

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
The 3/G spoiler on my SSR is 4 1/2 " measured at the center line . The height to the lower part of the bow tie is 20 1/2 ". All SSR 'S seam to have different heights check other threads.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts