Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WELL I TOOK MY :ssr TO ANOTHER DEALER TODAY. TO HAVE THE RIGHT SIDE CONSOLE CHANGED. BECAUSE THE CUP HOLDER WAS SNAPED OFF. ALSO TO HAVE THE AMBIANT SENSOR CHECKED FOR THE FOURTH TIME. IT HASENT WORKED SINCE I BOUGHT IT NEW IN SEPTEMBER. WELL AFTER THEY TALKED TO GM TEC CENTER IT IS FOUND OUT THAT MY TRUCK HAS A 2004 HARNESS INSTALLED IN MY 2005:banghead . SO NOW ITS ALL TORN DOWN:eek TO PUT IN A NEW HARNESS. ITS THE FIRST TIME ITS BEEN AWAY FROM US SINCE NEW I THINK I NEED A :grouphug WELL IF ANYTHING THE RENTAL CAR IS COOL ITS A H3 HUMMER. ILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW IF IT GETS FIXED RIGHT.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hummer

WELL, ALL I DID WAS WALK IN. HE ASKED WHAT I WOULD LIKE. I TOLD HIM HOW ABOUT A TRUCK. HE LOOKED AND TOLD ME ALL HE HAD WAS A COLORADO. I TOLD HIM THAT WAS FINE. WE DID THE PAPER WORK AND OFF HE WENT. THEN ANOTHER GENTELMEN GOT OFF THE PHONE AND ASKED IF I WAS MARK FROM THE CADDILAC CHEVY STORE. I TOLD HIM YES I WAS,THEN HE TELLS ME IVE ALREADY HAVE KEYS SET ASIDE FOR YOU. HE TELLS ME HE HAS A HUMMER FOR ME IF I WANTED. SO THEY HAD TO REDO THE PAPER WORK AND OFF I WENT. IVE PUT ON 145 MILES ON IT ALREADY. RUNS PRETTY GOOD FOR A 5 CLY.:seeya

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Well, I have bn having trouble with my temp sensor as well. What are thye last 6 of yout VIN ? I have an early 05 and might have the stupid 04 setup as well.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Seen Babys Insides

WELL I WENT AND SEEN MY BABY TODAY AT THE DEALER. THEY TOLD ME I DIDNT WHAT TO SEE IT. I TOLD YES I DO .NO YOU DONT.YES I DO. :eek IT WAS LIKE A SURGEN:smash HAD TAKEN ALL ITS INSIDES OUT CONSOLE IS OUT, WATERFALL IS OUT, TOP IS DOWN, LID IS OPEN ,WIND DEFLECTOR IS OUT,PART BETWEEN SEATS AND TOP IS OFF, LOWER PORTION OF DASH IS OUT . I JUST WANTED TO :cry THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD THEIR BEST PERSON ON IT. THE WAY I SAW MY PARTS LAID OUT AND ALL THE BOLTS,NUT,SCREWS AND CLIPS LAID OUT. IT TELLS ME THAT THEY DO HAVE A VERY MATICQULIS MACANIC ON IT. WHICH MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. I TOOK A COUPLE OF PICTURES OF IT. AS SOON AS MY SON GETS HOME ILL SEE IF HE CAN DOWNLOAD THEM. WELL I THINK IM GONNA MAKE MYSELF A STIFF DRINK..........:seeya

Attachments

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sensor

Its The Far Right Gauge On The Console That Tells You What The Outside Temp Is. Its Not Much But I Like To Have Evrything Working...

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
Its The Far Right Gauge On The Console That Tells You What The Outside Temp Is. Its Not Much But I Like To Have Evrything Working...
I guess I should look and see if they really work. I know at startup they do the cool wave all together now from left to right. But after that I don't really pay any attention to them. I'm too busy trying to watch where I'm going in the Chicago traffic. At my age I don't want to "go faster than I can see."

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gauge

I Only Looked Because They Would Do The Wave But I Noticed That The Ambent Gauge Moved Only Once Not Twice..

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
I Only Looked Because They Would Do The Wave But I Noticed That The Ambent Gauge Moved Only Once Not Twice..
Thanks for the info RSSRTOY, they look so good do they really have to work? I know mine work but I just don't really give them any thought once they do the startup wave.

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well Since I Spent That Much For It I Hope Everything Works Even If I Dont Look At Them. Its Just One Of Those Things.....

·
Registered
483 Posts
Lordy..glad mine don't have those ambient things..:mad ...I always figured I could roll my windows down and instantly know the temp anyway..:banghead ...now, about that wet and mildewey carpet.issue:cry .oh yeah haven't got a rug in my bed either..:jester Seriously hope they put it back together and don't have any leftover pieces..:nono

Here's my ride..complete with sandblasted windshield thanks to the GM rep who put the first 5K on it.......#$%^&*(@#$%^:banghead

'05 RedLine customized SSR A/T::eek genuine custom pep boys black rubber sliding floor mats, a "Racing" (that's what it says on it:glol ) 2-tone Red/Black steering wheel cover..and a very nice horse blanket to protect my almost pristine vinyl bedliner from flying SAXOPHONES..:thumbs
'90 RS Camaro 'Vert (my phoenix rising froim the ashes)..
'99 HD NightTrain my other money pit:skep

·
Registered
480 Posts
RSSRTOY said:
WELL I WENT AND SEEN MY BABY TODAY AT THE DEALER. THEY TOLD ME I DIDNT WHAT TO SEE IT. I TOLD YES I DO .NO YOU DONT.YES I DO. :eek IT WAS LIKE A SURGEN:smash HAD TAKEN ALL ITS INSIDES OUT CONSOLE IS OUT, WATERFALL IS OUT, TOP IS DOWN, LID IS OPEN ,WIND DEFLECTOR IS OUT,PART BETWEEN SEATS AND TOP IS OFF, LOWER PORTION OF DASH IS OUT . I JUST WANTED TO :cry THEY TOLD ME THEY HAD THEIR BEST PERSON ON IT. THE WAY I SAW MY PARTS LAID OUT AND ALL THE BOLTS,NUT,SCREWS AND CLIPS LAID OUT. IT TELLS ME THAT THEY DO HAVE A VERY MATICQULIS MACANIC ON IT. WHICH MAKES ME FEEL BETTER. I TOOK A COUPLE OF PICTURES OF IT. AS SOON AS MY SON GETS HOME ILL SEE IF HE CAN DOWNLOAD THEM. WELL I THINK IM GONNA MAKE MYSELF A STIFF DRINK..........:seeya
SSRTOY,

I feel for you man. If it was me, I sure wouldn't like it. It makes me sick just looking at it. I think they were right. Maybe you should've seen it with it looking that way.

Oh, and why did they put all that crap on top of your car. :cry I know they had it covered before they put the stuff on top but gimme a break. What's wrong with the concrete floor. At least the floor can't scratch or dent. Check it real close when you pick it up and if you can, make sure it works before you take her home.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I would check it to make sure there aren't any dents too! Stuff can get heavy! Good Luck hope it makes it home soon!

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Baby

I WENT BY AGAIN, TO LET HER KNOW I STILL LOVE HER. EVEN IF SHE IN PARTS. BUT THEY STILL HAVENT GOT TO THE ROOT OF THE PROBLEM. :banghead I GUESS I WILL JUST HAVE TO GO BY EVERYDAY WHILE SHE IS LAID UP AND HOLD HER HAND ERRR MIRROR:glol YES I STILL HAVE HUMMER LEFT AND AT LEAST I STILL HAVE MY CTS-V JUST IN CASE I HAVE THE NEED FOR SPEED..ILL KEEP YOU GUYS POSTED ON HER..THANKS MARK:lurk :seeya

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Babys Home

WELL SHE'S HOME AND EVERTHING WORKS FINE.:thumbs THE ONLY THING THAT ILL TAKE IT BACK FOR IS THE UPPER SHIFT PLATE. MY WIFE AND I WENT OUT TO EAT AND SHE NOTICED RIGHT BETWEEN THE CONSLOE AND THE UPPER SHIFT PLATE. I PUSHED ON IT AND SEALS IT CLOSED BUT THEN IT POPS UP AGAIN. I THINK THATS PRETTY GOOD FOR BEING APART AS MUCH AS IT WAS. NO SQUEEKS OR RATTELS. IT EVEN SEEM TO BE QUIETER FOR SOME REASON.:) I THINK I FOUND A GOOD DEALER AND MECHANIC. WHEN I SHOWED UP TO PICK HER UP I GOT CALLED INTO THE PARTS DEPARTMENT BY JENNY, WHO I'VE KNOW SINCE SHE WAS A SMALL CHILD. I WORKED WITH HER MOM AND BROTHER FOR ALL MOST 10 YEARS, ALSO THE PARTS MANAGER RANDY WHO I'VE KNOWN FOR YEARS THEY SHOWED ME A BOX WITH PARTS IN IT AND SAID WE HAD THESE PARTS LEFT OVER FROM YOUR TRUCK WANTED TO KNOW IF I KNEW WHERE THEY WENT:eek HA HA IT WAS A BOX FULL OLD SPARK PLUGS, OXYGEN SENSORS, BRAKETS, NUTS AND BOLTS.:glol VERY FUNNY GUYS..BUT SHES BACK AND IM VERY HAPPY PLUS NO SCRACHES, DENTS OR DINGS ANY WERE....:seeya

1 - 20 of 20 Posts