Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any adjustment we need to do to get the back cover to latch when we close it....gives us an error message then have to get on a stool to force cover down.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,207 Posts
The seals are built a certain way so you open the rear cover first and then open the tail gate. To close you just reverse it. Close the rear cover first and then close the tail gate. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,985 Posts
Be sure manual release handle inside the bed is actually retract all the way, there have been inssue with the cable fraying and not allowing it to retract.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,123 Posts
Is there any adjustment we need to do to get the back cover to latch when we close it....gives us an error message then have to get on a stool to force cover down.
Like Auggie Doggie said.......

The tailgate MUST be open in order to close the cover. Trying to shut the cover with the tailgate closed will result in a dented cover.

Beyond that...... yes, there is an adjustment for the lid closure. Once it is closed, it is supposed to be flush with the level of the tailgate and the top of the fenders. If yours is not aligned properly, the latch can be loosened and repositioned. This adjustment is a bit difficult to get precise, so I recommend that it be done carefully.

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be sure manual release handle inside the bed is actually retract all the way, there have been inssue with the cable fraying and not allowing it to retract.
Thanks, I’ll check that’s.....I have ensured the tailgate is closed securely...appears to just be the cover net seating properly. Kathy

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like Auggie Doggie said.......

The tailgate MUST be open in order to close the cover. Trying to shut the cover with the tailgate closed will result in a dented cover.

Beyond that...... yes, there is an adjustment for the lid closure. Once it is closed, it is supposed to be flush with the level of the tailgate and the top of the fenders. If yours is not aligned properly, the latch can be loosened and repositioned. This adjustment is a bit difficult to get precise, so I recommend that it be done carefully.

Mike
Oh crap.....I’ve been doing this backwards, no wonder....wow....thanks. Kathy

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,207 Posts
```I know it is a pain but if you got an owners manual with your SSR spend some of your spare time reading through it. Most of the questions people ask are covered or answered in there. I only read a few pages at a time and skipped over stuff I already knew. I know it is like watching paint dry but sometimes we learn a few answers. Enjoy your ride and the grin.

Reactions: JBAmsoil2005

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,471 Posts
Oh crap.....I’ve been doing this backwards, no wonder....wow....thanks. Kathy
Kathy,
Simple-engineering.com has a tag that can be placed by the light in the bed cover to remind you, and everyone else, of the proper procedure.

Looks like you are finding your way around. Have fun at Maggie Valley

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Kathy,
Simple-engineering.com has a tag that can be placed by the light in the bed cover to remind you, and everyone else, of the proper procedure.

Looks like you are finding your way around. Have fun at Maggie Valley
Here's what you need! It's in your face when the lid is open.

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
```I know it is a pain but if you got an owners manual with your SSR spend some of your spare time reading through it. Most of the questions people ask are covered or answered in there. I only read a few pages at a time and skipped over stuff I already knew. I know it is like watching paint dry but sometimes we learn a few answers. Enjoy your ride and the grin.
WHAT? Read the instructions? That's heresy, a violation of the Man Code, Chapter 3, section 1, subsection 7P. :willy: :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,905 Posts
Signs are nice for many people but some pay no attention to them. I try to talk to the mechanic involved and explain any step by step procedure so they at least have heard it and know I care (deeply) about the vehicle.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,207 Posts
WHAT? Read the instructions? That's heresy, a violation of the Man Code, Chapter 3, section 1, subsection 7P. :willy: :lol

I forgot and assumed everyone could read. There I go again with that assumption thing. Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
Darrel........

Darrel, when all else fails, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS. Yes you, not your other brother Darrel.

Jack

1 - 17 of 17 Posts