Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really got into r/c trucks.4WD and running 30% nitro. I built a all aluminum chassis and all aluminum parts that were from a company called Unlimited Engineering. Expensive parts,but some of the best available back then. I also had several different bodies for the chassis.One was,you guessed it a SSR.I couldn't afford a real one,so I built me a toy one. I had a blast with this thing until I had a guy make me a obscene offer for all the rc stuff I had. Wish I had kept it though.

Attachments

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
45,733 Posts
Sweet, I like it !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,471 Posts
Truly a scale model MONSTER TRUCK (BIG FOOT) SSR

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Dave, I always wanted an r/c hydorplane boat after going to the unlimited thunderboat races at bluestem lake. Those boats were a real rock & roll show 45 years ago.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,553 Posts
I did the same with nitro buggies and such then got into 1/10 scale rock crawlers. Way easier on parts! Always breaking the gas trucks but the crawlers are fairly indestructible. Will try to post a pic (won't let me on this screen for some reason)

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hand built a electric crawler too. Had a ball building it and playing with it. Like they say"only thing different from men and boys,is the price of their toys."

Attachments

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,553 Posts
Hey I can post pics today! Both trucks are 1/10 scale with 1/8 scale bodies to give a more realistic body to wheel ratio. The jeep body was dove tailed in the rear to allow rear axle articulation. The Bronco body is large enough for wheel movement in the wheel openings. Both have bead locks and the Bronco is also four wheel steer.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts