Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm replacing my stereo head unit and installing a back-up camera in my SSR.

I want to retain my Corvette license plate frame. Can anyone recommend a good backup camera that would work well with my setup?

Don't know why photo is upside down. "Click" on it and it will flip right side up.

Skip

Attachments

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,611 Posts
Garmin BC 30, I have it mounted and still retained the C5 Corvette frame...had to cut out slightly for the camera.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Skip, I bought mine on Ebay, it mounts in the horizontal surface above the plate and clears the C5 frame.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Tadi Brothers that mounts with no drilling.
Installed with Kenwood/Garman.
Backup Camera is very clear.
I forgot to order the one with the Backup Sensors included for the Beep.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
I used an Esky Backup Camera license plate frame. I moved the camera up to not obscure the state on my plate. It has 8 IR LEDs, which work fine, but are now over powered by LED backup lights. It tucks up against the rear facsia. Can’t see it unless you look and works great.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
3,852 Posts
I have used ESKY on a couple cars for the last few years. Chrome or black less than $20 rugged and clear picture.
Check amazon.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
1,002 Posts
I bought this Autovox backup camera in 2016. Mounts behind and over license plate and plate frame, very discrete installation design. Nice and clear color picture. Backup reference lines (switchable On-OFF), easy wiring. Only $20! Picture plays through aftermarket Pioneer stereo head, automatically selects camera when tranny is put in Reverse. Did I mention only $20?

Link: AUTOVOX Backup Camera - AMAZON

Attached pics show different license plates because I got the SSRFR plate AFTER the camera installation pics were taken.

Here is a link to a few pics of my Pioneer head unit install post ... includes a pic of the camera view.

Cheers

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts