Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

New to the forum so I hope I'm doing this post correctly. I've installed a new Pioneer 4201NEX system in the R and I'm having issues getting my backup camera to come on when I put it in reverse. I can manually select the camera and it works fine. What I've figured out is that I need to tie one of the stereo harness wires to the backup lights or a similar signal. Tonight I attempted to connect a wire to the green wire that feeds the backup light, but no luck.

Can anyone out there help me with finding a good place to do this that is hopefully in the cab and closer to the stereo? I've reviewed some of the older posts that mention "A9" on a connector under the dash but I'm not familiar with where that's located.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks!
Kevin
2006 Red SSR
Pioneer AVH-4201NEX

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Back up light circuit
Connector C303 is located behind passenger side kick panel. Pin A-9 is back up light supply voltage
Test for voltage with a test light and car in reverse. Key on engine off.
It is connector #1 in the harness picture #1. Picture 2 & 3 show the two views of the connector.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,898 Posts
The power for the camera can be connected directly to the reverse light wire in the harness in the rear bumper. It's much easier to connect it there instead of trying to find the proper connection in the cab.
If you used a GM PAC11 interface, one of the connections is a reverse trigger wire that needs to be correctly connected to the radio from the module for the camera view to display when vehicle is put in reverse. It is possible you did not get that connected. Check the wiring for the GM module and the corresponding wire for the Pioneer radio.
Greg

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Are you sure you have enabled the proper backup camera settings in the head unit? I know that my Pioneer head unit defaults the backup camera to 'off' everytime I disconnect/reconnect power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! U R Awesome Autoprof! Thanks for the reply and Thanks for the diagrams! I like the pictures!

I now have a backup camera that works when I put it in reverse!

Thanks to all that replied!
Kevin

·
Premium Member
05 chevy SSR WILDFIRE --- 04 chevy SSR UV
39 Posts
Thanks river_rat mine has been out for awhile- now thanks to you it works.
shatuc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts