Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my day took a turn for the worst. While driving to work on I-4 in Orlando, a rock that must have weighed a ton nailed my right front fender. Upon inspection after i got to work I realized that the rock left about a 3 inch scratch and dent. It is very noticable unfortunately. I take excellent care of my SSR and want to have the fender painted. Touch up on this just won't do. I would like to have the fender fixed an painted as well as having the hood painted. Does anyone have any idea how much a job like that would cost???

·
Registered
277 Posts
ufct3 said:
Yesterday my day took a turn for the worst. While driving to work on I-4 in Orlando, a rock that must have weighed a ton nailed my right front fender. Upon inspection after i got to work I realized that the rock left about a 3 inch scratch and dent. It is very noticable unfortunately. I take excellent care of my SSR and want to have the fender painted. Touch up on this just won't do. I would like to have the fender fixed an painted as well as having the hood painted. Does anyone have any idea how much a job like that would cost???
Impossible to estimate and you will get many different prices. I put a slight scratch and crease in my back fender recently and had it fixed. I first touched up the scratch with touchup paint and rubbed it out, but could see a very slight crease about three inches long. No one ever mentioned the crease, but I knew it was there. My local body shop estimated the repairs at around $750.00. They wanted to remove the mud guard on the fender and replace it, not paint around it. They also wanted to drop the rear panel from the fender and remove the tail light to paint. Since the mud guard cost $250 from GM and I wasn't sure the bodyshop could get it back on properly I asked that it not be removed and they had me sign off for any problems with paint around the mud guard. They painted the entire fender panel and the work looks excellent, can't tell anyone touched it, final cost $600 and three days in bodyshop. I would guess a good bodyshop in your area would do the repairs the same way so expect a cost above $500 for getting it done right.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeah, I agree

I was going to say about $800 for the hood and fender, assuming it's a quality body shop and not Earl Scheib-esque.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Bullet

I too had a rock or metal or something that "dinged" my front fender, scratched it and left an indentation on the left front fender top! I was quoted around $500 because it had to be painted to match but haven't done anything yet, I just put a bullet hole sticker over it until I could leave it for a few days to have it done!

GR

·
Registered
277 Posts
Smokin Asphalts

ufct3,

Did you notice all replies were smokin asphalts, guess our color hides nothing? Good luck with the repairs, these trucks are much too special to let anyone but the best near them........

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
Me too.

Having my hood and tonneau repainted under warranty, wiil let you know the cost when it is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts