Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek HI ALL YOU SSR FANS I JUST WENT TO SEE A BLACK SSR AT MULTI CHEVROLET. I GOT TO SIT IN IT AND SEE ALL THE FEATURES. THE MSRP. WITH ALL OPTIONS WAS 45,500 THAY WANTED 2O,OOO AJUSTED MARKET PRICE BRINGING IT UP 65,500 THE SALESMEN TOLD ME IT WAS ONE OF 200 2003S MADE . THAN I SHOWED HIM THE VIN. NUMBER WAS 821 I HOPE ALL THE DEALERS LIKE THIS ONE IN UNION N.J. ROT. MY SSR SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT THIS WEEK MY TPW. WAS 11/10/O3 I HOPE TO HAVE MINE BY THANKGIVING. TATTOOEXPERT CENTRAL N.J.:angel

·
Registered
705 Posts
please turn you caplock off.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too sat in similar SSR at a dealership in Newnan, Ga. The sticker was approx. 45k. The dealer was very accomodating allowing me to see the top operate and sut in it, etc. However, this dealership was asking 57k. Not quit the 65k you mentioned but still pretty bad.
My build week was 11/10 also. Have not heard of any change so-far. let's keep our fingers crossed.
:agree

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
:nopity

Just looked on Ebay. There are over 60 listings for SSR's.

Seems like every dealer who got one and didn't find a sucker to pay over MSRP is trying the net to find someone to pay his price.

There are also a bunch of people that got one just so they could turn around and sell it for a profit.

If nobody bids maybe they will get stuck with them.

My is on the way and I plan to drive it (at least once before it snows) and as much as I can next year.

Since this vehicle is only planned for a five year run, you better get one when you can. But do not pay the sucker price. There are good dealers out there.

·
Registered
705 Posts
a 5 year run? Are you sure?

Also for those who have had their built date come and gone, you better check with your dealer to see what status code you are in.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
5 year run

Out of all the articles I've read, I remember somewhere it was stated that a 5 year run was needed to fulfill GM's expectations (recoup costs and make a little profit). But the run was not limited to 5 years.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Ebay

I just looked at EBay's completed items. The only SSRs that I can see that actually sold were for between $49-$50k! All others didn't meet the reserve or were pulled.

Under the current items no one has a bid over 50k and is a winner.

This would indicate that maybe there aren't as many crazy people with tons of money as the dealers are leading themselves to believe.

The price is set: No one should pay over 50k for a 2003 SSR. (I'm just saying this because I thought it would be fun to say and wouldn't it be nice if it happened :cool )

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
nice indeed!

:cheers :agree It would be truly nice indeed if no one coughed up the dough over what these gougers are asking. The buying public is so much more informed than we ever used to be and these dealers are going to lear about that real quick. As far as the short run, please, they plan on ramping up production of these babies for the next four years. Like I said before, the free market system works both ways....he, he, he...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts