Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the 60 amp fuse on my cooling fan. I understand this is usually the result of jumping the battery "wrong". I've read the User's manual and I understand the right way (with the remote terminals). What is the most likely way that it was done wrong? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,070 Posts
I had to replace the 60 amp fuse on my cooling fan. I understand this is usually the result of jumping the battery "wrong". I've read the User's manual and I understand the right way (with the remote terminals). What is the most likely way that it was done wrong? Thanks!
The wrong way is to take off the top of the fuse box in the engine compartment and try to place the positive lead to the positive lead on the front of the fuse box. It is closest to the 60amp fuse that gets blown, which is the one supplying radiator fan.

... then your SSR overheats after driving a couple miles, when it has never gotten over 210 before.

Somewhat needless to say the tech that was doing the alignment, who improperly and unsuccessfully tried to jump it (before I could say wait why are you...), and I had an interesting discussion when I showed back up and presented them the blown fuse.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Avoid Jump Starting if you can.
Todays vehicles, have many electronic modules that can be damaged by Jump Starting.
I know of several "R"'s that had the 125 Amp fuse blow from Jump Starting.
( The 125 Amp fuse feeds power to the Rear Fuse Box.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts