Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has any one had the experience of replacing the ignition switch (AC DELCO gray housing) only to find out it was defective. While I had my steering wheel apart searching for the grinding noise I decided to replace ignition switch that I had in my glove box for about a year. After numerous attempts to get it started and doing fuse checks, ground checks, charging battery. I decided to install old switch that I never had problems with. Guess it works like it is supposed to. Another case of WHY ME!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Why me!........would have been, for me, taking out bad switch then replacing with new switch and finding out it was bad also!!!

·
Registered
481 Posts
So far I've had a defective brand new acdelco water pump, a defective brand new acdelco master cylinder, a brand new defective acdelco transmission gasket and yes, a brand new defective acdelco abs sensor. It seems that quality control and cost cutting are a problem in shifting production offshore. You only had one, count yourself lucky!

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Possibly an endorsement for . . .

"If it ain't broken . . . DON'T FIX IT."

! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_devil.png ! /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_surprise.png !
Amen on that, so many people have said replace ignition switch, until I know it is bad it is staying right were it is at.

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Electrical parts.

Learned a VERY long time ago to NEVER purchase an electrical part and NOT install it ASAP. If the replaced part is still working and this is a "Preventive Maintenance" project. Mark the OLD part as "USED" but still working and keep it as a backup. You loose the warrantee on most new electrical parts in most cases after 90 days. Out the box / new along with low mileage Rs does not guarantee trouble FREE.

"Long may you run"

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Robert,

This may be a silly question...but...did you make sure the small gear wheel at the top was in the correct position before installing? I remember the person helping me install mine had to click that gear wheel twice before installing it.

Alex

·
Premium Member
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Robert,

This may be a silly question...but...did you make sure the small gear wheel at the top was in the correct position before installing? I remember the person helping me install mine had to click that gear wheel twice before installing it.

Alex
I had that switching every position you think of, well not quite. I even did what dictator said roll it with your thumb to make sure it starts no go so the only thing I can figure is a bad switch put the old one back in.thanks Alex.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts