1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,283 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,222 Posts
:|
An interesting read for sure. I've never noticed any significant problem/lack of braking.........(P.S. note that it's BRAKING and not breaking):frown2:

Maybe if you're into road racing, etc. Also found interesting in that old posting from the guy that got an Avalanche and thought the brakes were lousy. In my opinion, the one he had must have had a related problem as my '05 Avalanche with over a 100,000 on it has only had rear pads one time and fronts were still OK. Never noticed any braking problems with it including towing 2 Tour model Harleys in an inclosed 14 foot tandem trailer..........Not a problem. (Braking)..........however, pulling all that weight was a struggle for the transmission.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,015 Posts
FWIW: I went the Powerstop route. Rotors are zinc coated, slotted and drilled. Swapped calipers with them as well when one of mine was sticking. Basically ended up dressed up OEM calipers with slotted and drilled rotors and purportedly better pads. I also flushed the lines and swapped in some SS front lines.

It definitely stops better with a firmer pedal, but as I did it all in one shot I cannot attribute it “one thing”

I’m hoping the extra zinc coating cuts down on corrosion, but too early to really tell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts