Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bad $$R
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone upgraded their brakes to Baer?

I'd like to install new cross drilled rotors and red 6 pistons calipers as a winter project.

Part numbers or information as to where to buy them would certainly be appreciated. I'm running stock chrome SSR wheels. I've been asking around locally they want me use a template etc. to see if they are available and for fitment.

I'm just trying to avoid reinventing the wheel if someone has done this already.

Thanks, Pat.

·
Premium Member
9,325 Posts
Has anyone upgraded their brakes to Baer?

I'd like to install new cross drilled rotors and red 6 pistons calipers as a winter project.

Part numbers or information as to where to buy them would certainly be appreciated. I'm running stock chrome SSR wheels. I've been asking around locally they want me use a template etc. to see if they are available and for fitment.

I'm just trying to avoid reinventing the wheel if someone has done this already.

Thanks, Pat.
Hey, Pat

Which way you go would have to depend on budget and needs.

The Baer or Brembo solution is a 3K project. I'd have to assume much improved braking along with great looks.

Personally, I've been happy with the performance of the stock brakes, and really don't feel I'm ever close to overdriving their capability.

If you want a much less expensive approach with really good looks, $250 for a set of Rotorpros rotors, and $20 for a can of high heat red paint to brush on the calipers will do the job nicely.

Rotorpros drills and slots stock rotors, then zinc coats them and paints the hubs your choice of color. I checked the Rotorpros against stock - same part number.

Changing the wheels helps to show the rotors.:)

I put the rotors on the yellow truck in 04, moved them to the two tone in 06. Seven years on them, and no corrosion on the outer edges. The zinc coating works great. Rotors still look new.

ROTORPROS - Performance Brakes - Brake Pads, Brake Rotors and Brake Kits

Attachments

·
Bad $$R
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Flassh, thanks for this. Definitely something to consider.

·
Clogger fan
36,695 Posts
I have Baer slotted/drilled & powder coated calipers on my Stang. They look great. They Stop. The parking brake does not hold. I must remember to leave it in gear. Also had to buy a new spare.
If you decide on big brakes make sure the current(or future) wheels will fit over them.

·
Bad $$R
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's my big fear.

Plunking down over 3 large and not getting what I want / need.

·
Registered
263 Posts
That's my big fear.

Plunking down over 3 large and not getting what I want / need.
Check out the many threads on ss trailblazer site. Many have requested data on actual stopping distance improvements and nothing has ever emerged. The probable reality, they look great, stop ok but little or no perceivable difference to oem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts