Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
baffle

Looks great. I may have to try one. It sure beats the price of the factory one. Great job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you.. I does look good, retains the bumbers and also provides protection for the seat backs. It was fairly straight forward to make. I intend to take some specific measurements of the template and list of materials for posting. I think anyone could achieve the same results for under $100.00.

·
Registered
45 Posts
badass

So, I know you were having problems with bolt length.how did you solve that? Also, what's the thicknessof the lexan or is it plexiglass?

thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The top does go down without removing the baffle. The roof clears the baffle top and sides by 1".

You have two choices of securing nuts. They are called 1/4" to 3/8" rod coulping nuts and the length is either 3/4" or 1". The studs are 6mm. You have to tap the 1/4" side to 6mm. Easy, get a 6mm thread tap, T-handle, stick the coupler in a vice (or vice-grips) lube with oil and tap the new threads. Clean out debirs. They will fit exactly where the OEM nuts were so the bumpers say in place!

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Windbaffle for SSR

Windbaffle has a windblocker for SSR that mounts without damage or bolts. It is made of Lexan-MR rated and guaranteed. They've been around for over 9 years with a patented unit for about $220. Anyone tried it yet??
Found it at: www.Windbaffle.com
:flag

·
Registered
45 Posts
windbaffle

Yes, I posted earlier about it. Works OK, but is velcroed to headrest in 3 places and therefore less clean than badasses design. Also it ties the seats together, though not very rigidly.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I like the design by 1badassr too! Much cleaner than the one proposed by GM and probably a lot cheaper. I think I prefer the clean look of the SSR without a baffle myself. I have not found there to be any problems with wind issues for me. :jester

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I went back and took another look at the proposed GM design and I can tell you that for a person that is around 5'8 or so, the top bar of the baffle will cut right through the middle of your rearview, view. Potentially hiding the CHP (or other long arm of the law) that is trying to make his quota. It looks good, but it looks like most owners agree that anything that spoils the existing lines should be given a second thought. Anyone know if anyone has made a SSR decal that I can stick on the lower left hand corner of my baffle? I do like that part. If not, I'll have one made, say about 3"high by 6"long. Something along this order, but with a clear background, and not black, but black where the white is.

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I love the outline logo and have been looking every chance I get for one but haven't seen one yet. Wouldn't want GM coming after me for using their logo on my property. I sure wish they made more stuff for us SSR owners like that. Soon I hope!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Good point, so I wrote Chevymall and asked them to make one... (I'll probably have one made anyway because I want it now... and keep a low profile, if that's possible in an SSR) :rolleyes: So I get a message back from them saying as soon as someone makes one, they will sell it. I know some graphics people so we'll see what happens..

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
SSR logo

Our SSR Club is checking into having stickers made. You might be interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
RedRod,

I just purchased the same one you have. Why can't we punch holes in it and attach to the bumpers like the one badass created?

Normally I wouldn't want anything interfereing with the wind (that's why I like convertibles) but I must use the cell hands free in NY and I need something.....

After what you said I am not looking forward to how mine will look.

rick

·
Registered
45 Posts
windbafle

the piece of lexan we have is not tall enough to reach down to the mount points badass used.

dont get to depressed. I have mine on and like it. I notice it, but to the average observer it is nearly invisible.

put it on

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
Hi 1badassr,

I am the one makeing the ssr stickers. If you would like one send me you address and what color you would like and i,ll send you one. Mybe sometime i'll se you on the road i live in Hercules, CA. Where do you race you car at.

Ed

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
stickers

QWKSSR said:
Hi 1badassr,

I am the one makeing the ssr stickers. If you would like one send me you address and what color you would like and i,ll send you one. Mybe sometime i'll se you on the road i live in Hercules, CA. Where do you race you car at.

Ed
How can we all get in on these stickers???

1 - 20 of 23 Posts