Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ret. Air Force
3,726 Posts
WHAT!?!?:surprise:

Must have been Blur...or Violet...or Asphalt...or (the list goes on)...couldn't have been Ricochet!!!
:laugh:...:laugh:

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,755 Posts
Sad it was on Thursday the worst day for sellers best day for buyers. It may have been a late addition to the sale and why it ended up with a bad spot.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Looks like there are a couple more up on Friday both red one 03 with 3,743 miles super charger on it, and a 05 chrome wheels, boards, carpeted bed, gauges and only 44 miles.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
Looks like there are a couple more up on Friday both red one 03 with 3,743 miles super charger on it, and a 05 chrome wheels, boards, carpeted bed, gauges and only 44 miles.
The 03 is a lingenfelter conversion and the drivers seat appears to have lines in the leather like it’s starting to dry up. Both the redline 05’s the passenger door panel inserts the material was wrinkled towards the bottom. Other than that I didn’t really look them over in great detail, however I would say great buys for the money.

(Correction: Had a better look at the interior door panels today on the 05 truck and they were in good condition.)

·
Tech Support/Research
1,740 Posts
2005 Redline at B-J Las Vegas

The 2005 Redline Red SSR with 44 miles on it, Lot #430 at this Barrett-Jackson auction, is the same SSR that was offered previously at the Mecum Indy auction in May of this year. It had 40 miles on it then. It was bid at that Mecum auction to $37,000 and did not sell. The promotional photos of the truck are the same on both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson sites.

This red SSR was part of a 17-car Utah collection that was purchased by collector Charlie Herman and auctioned at Mecum Indy. Another 2005 Aqua Blur SSR with 76 miles on it, from the same collection, sold at Mecum for $48,400. The Aqua Blur was the better of the two cars.

The VIN of the is red SSR is 1GCES14H35B117069.

It is listed as a "No Reserve" car so will sell this time...

Update: Listed as SOLD for $52,800, including buyer's commission.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
The 2005 Redline Red SSR with 44 miles on it, Lot #430 at this Barrett-Jackson auction, is the same SSR that was offered previously at the Mecum Indy auction in May of this year. It had 40 miles on it then. It was bid at that Mecum auction to $37,000 and did not sell. The promotional photos of the truck are the same on both Mecum and Barrett-Jackson sites.

This red SSR was part of a 17-car Utah collection that was purchased by collector Charlie Herman and auctioned at Mecum Indy. Another 2005 Aqua Blur SSR with 76 miles on it, from the same collection, sold at Mecum for $48,400. The Aqua Blur was the better of the two cars.

The VIN of the is red SSR is 1GCES14H35B117069.

It is listed as a "No Reserve" car so will sell this time...

Wasn't there something minor wrong with the intake or air inlet or something? I am going by memory here and thought I remember someone who was there said it had a noise that they thought was from a problem with a crack in the inlet or air housing or something?

·
Tech Support/Research
1,740 Posts
Wasn't there something minor wrong with the intake or air inlet or something? I am going by memory here and thought I remember someone who was there said it had a noise that they thought was from a problem with a crack in the inlet or air housing or something?
That was a different SSR, a supercharged yellow one with a cracked air intake housing and a squealing/chirping noise while running that sounded like a bad pulley or bearing. The driver's seat on the red SSR, for a car with only ~40 miles on it, looked a lot more worn than the mileage would indicate.

·
Georgia SSRers
1,011 Posts
barrett

I was there Thursday.
I looked over most SSRs and Did NOT see any that looked even as good as my PURPLE.
Sad finishes and not many add-ons.
I didn't see them all, Too busy looking over ALL the high-dollar classics.
Quite a car show..Happy I didn't have a buyers badge,
I would have bought WAY too many.
THURSDAY was the NO RESERVE cheaper deals.
I rented a cart and cruised the entire offering about 1,200 cars.

I really liked a 1959 EDSEL convertible..fully decked out cont. kit and long skirts with side pipes. I was sick when it went for 7K

1 - 18 of 18 Posts