·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 PAC Blue six speed, $17,000 chrome wheels, boards, satin exterior LOT56

·
My First Permagrin !
567 Posts
I just saw that sale . That's the deal of the day for sure .
I don't know what the mileage is , but it looked like it was in good shape .
Did your hear Mike Joy talk about his SSR ?
He said he got his SSR at Barrett Jackson and it was a modified pace truck version .

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,368 Posts
Did your hear Mike Joy talk about his SSR ?
He said he got his SSR at Barrett Jackson and it was a modified pace truck version .
Wasn't Mike Joy one of the clowns sarcasticly "bad mouthing" the SSR on Barrett-Jackson TV a few years ago?

! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: !

·
Registered
74 Posts
I saw a 2003, near mint like a few hundred miles go for $23,000 Saturday afternoon. The announcer did say he had one.

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
Wasn't Mike Joy one of the clowns sarcasticly "bad mouthing" the SSR on Barrett-Jackson TV a few years ago?

! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: ! :crying: ! :surprise: !
Now you're being a total Doophus.

Mike Joy has always been a good spokesperson for SSRs. He has one of the Red/white/blue Pace trucks. I've watched a lot of BJ, and have never heard any of the broadcasters bad mouthing the SSR, nor have I ever seen a report on Fanatics about anyone on BJ doing so.

Now I'm going to have a BBQ pork sandwich.

Reactions: BlueStreak

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts

Mike Joy has always been a good spokesperson for SSRs. He has one of the Red/white/blue Pace trucks. I've watched a lot of BJ, and have never heard any of the broadcasters bad mouthing the SSR, nor have I ever seen a report on Fanatics about anyone on BJ doing so.

Now I'm going to have a BBQ pork sandwich.
I second that. I think the broadcasters on BJ have always done a good job of covering the SSR, when given the chance, Seems. from the comments. that they are getting better screen time this year. I have not been watching. In past years they always seem to hit the block during commercials.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,368 Posts
I second that.
I'll stand firm on this one . . .

I have been a huge fan of the Barrett-Jackson Auctions / Shows for decades . . . frequently attending in Scottsdale even prior to relocating to Arizona as well as watching on TV as they expanded around the United States. I even personally met Mrs. Nellie Jackson (Craig's mother) when she was running the show.

However, I distinctly remember hearing some "uncomplimentary / less than positive" comments towards the SSR by an employee either on TV or at one of the Scottsdale Shows. Granted it may have been years ago, very possibly before or around the time I "adopted" The Doophus . . . I know what I heard.

END OF STORY.

·
Proud Original Owner
18,187 Posts
I'll stand firm on this one . . .

I have been a huge fan of the Barrett-Jackson Auctions / Shows for decades . . . frequently attending in Scottsdale even prior to relocating to Arizona as well as watching on TV as they expanded around the United States. I even personally met Mrs. Nellie Jackson (Craig's mother) when she was running the show.

However, I distinctly remember hearing some "uncomplimentary / less than positive" comments towards the SSR by an employee either on TV or at one of the Scottsdale Shows. Granted it may have been years ago, very possibly before or around the time I "adopted" The Doophus . . . I know what I heard.

END OF STORY.
Curt,
Yeah, I heard them too.
It was 2 or 3 other commentators who were talking about the SSRs.
However, it wasn't Mike Joy. Mike was not on the air with them that day.
He always says he is an owner of a SSR like he did the other day. I think he was even a member here for a while but only talked on maybe one thread. His handle had some numbers in it like 200 or something.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
Curt,
Yeah, I heard them too.
It was 2 or 3 other commentators who were talking about the SSRs.
However, it wasn't Mike Joy. Mike was not on the air with them that day.
He always says he is an owner of a SSR like he did the other day. I think he was even a member here for a while but only talked on maybe one thread. His handle had some numbers in it like 200 or something.

200mph, 18 posts, last visit Aug 2013

1 - 13 of 13 Posts