Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevrolet Nut
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would first like to thank all Fanatics that ever attended the car show at the Barstow outlet center/ previously known as Tager Mall Show.:wink2: The Over The Hill Gang Apple Valley had their monthly meeting tonight, we decided as a club along with the mall decided that this last show will be the last after a run of 23 years.:crying: We will have to get together for a different event around this time a year, may be a tech session, or something we can do or cruise to. It was getting to hard for the Over The Hill Gang members to do the show, and the attendance from the other local clubs were declining.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,808 Posts
I would first like to thank all Fanatics that ever attended the car show at the Barstow outlet center/ previously none as Tager Mall Show.:wink2: The Over The Hill Gang Apple Valley had their monthly meeting tonight, we decided as a club along with the mall decided that this last show will be the last after a run of 23 years.:crying: We will have to get together for a different event around this time a year, may be a tech session, or something we can do or cruise to. It was getting to hard for the Over The Hill Gang members to do the show, and the attendance from the other local clubs were declining.
Sorry to hear this but, I hope we can make something else that will have a long run as well. I enjoyed all of these that I attended.

Reactions: yellow bear

·
Premium Member
5,322 Posts
Sad to hear that after 23 years its coming to an end.
I'm glad I had the chance to attend this show for the last few years.
Thanks again to Dan for always getting us a place at the show.
So let's not let it go , let's start planning in the near future for an October cruz or tech day.
I know down this way that they have a pretty good show in October called the Murrieta Rod Run.
Take care to all that were there for the last one.

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,962 Posts
:seeya :liebe011:

AutoDan and the Apple Valley Over The Hill Gang....

Thank you for inviting us to be part of such a wonderful car show for a Most Noble Cause ! Also, we want to Thank the Gang for Welcoming us each and every year. Ya'll became just like Family to us Fanatics. It was an event that we looked forward to attending every year. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to pulling together Show after Show of the First Magnitude ! You've touched the hearts and lives of so many people who were strangers just days ago. We Wish you the Best going forward, and again, Thank You !

Best Wishes from the SSR Fanatics from the US and Canada

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Happening ALL over.

After more than 40 years due to declining membership and the aging of our core members, our local club ( Florida Parish Vintage / Hot Rod Car Club ) was forced to discontinue our shows, and formal club meetings / events. :crying: Our club raised a lot of money for "Local Charities" but that is now in the past.:crying:

Doesn't seem to be many young people who want to become members of Auto Clubs, AND HELP / PARTICIPATE IN THE SETUP AND CLEANUP OF A SHOW or attend meetings. Too much work for them I guess.

I have also noted that the other Forums e.g. "Camaro Forum", has far fewer post, or members than OUR SSR Forum. Just a sad fact, these young people could lean so much for the older car enthusiast BUT they prefer to GOOGLE or YouTube for needed info.

At the recent Cruse the Coast, there weren't many young people with "Vintage / Older cars, I didn't see many young spectators either. Sad very sad.

"Long may we ALL run":grin2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Sad to see the event end but did notice this year and last that attendance was definitely down. As for the younger folks, most car clubs and shows focus on vintage and classic vehicles with not much attention paid to some of the newer hotrods and muscle cars, same with our SSRs - not really new but not classics either - and neither win too many awards. I did attend one show a few years back that gave awards for different decades, this allowed some of the newer vehicles to be considered and I actually won for 2000+.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts