Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at purchasing my first SSR. What's the difference between Base and LS??? Can't seem to find any info.
Thanks
Bob

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,598 Posts
Looking at purchasing my first SSR. What's the difference between Base and LS??? Can't seem to find any info.
Thanks
Bob
There is no LS model, Click on the link below and open the 4 links in post 1 and I think you will get the info you are looking for.

Production History

Hope this helps.

Reactions: DOOPHUS

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,222 Posts
Thanks
Bob
Bob,
Good luck in the hunt. Depending on the years there were several layers of equipment offerings.

1SA – MY2003-05 Base Model
1SB – MY2003-05 Preferred Equipment Group
1SS - MY2006 Base Model-Same as 2003-05 1SA
2SS – MY2006 same as 2003-05 1SB
3SS – MY2006 - 2SS plus satin boards and auxiliary gauges

Probably the most noticeable thing is the lower model had a MP3 stereo and the upper level had a 6 CD player. Then there were chrome packages, wheels, etc......

What you will often find though, is that even if a low optioned truck came from the factory, it is likely that the owners through the years installed the upper level equipment. Many are still upgrading from satin trim to chrome, from the painted wheels to chrome, from no floor mounted aux gauges to gauges, etc......

The bottom line is, research what equipment is available and choose what is important to you. Then, just look for that in your next vehicle instead of the option level advertised. If a dealer runs the VIN and says it is a base model but the pictures show it has a ton of chrome and upper level equipment then it is a win for you.

These show the year options -
SSR brochure for 2004 - http://www.lov2xlr8.no/brochures/chevy/04ssr/bilder/2.jpg
2005 -
2006 - http://www.xr793.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/2006-Chevrolet-SSR-CN.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts