Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help.
The Minion's battery died while getting some extended service done. The service folks jumped it - but now when you open and close the doors, the window crack & reset doesn't work. I'm wondering if anything else may have been affected., ie. Clock, Pre-set seat position, Alarm presets, etc. (And who knows what else?)

Is there any way to "reset" the system and get everything back to normal?

Is there any "precautions" I need to be aware of?

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Windows probably need re-indexed (procedure in owners manual)

1) key on, doors closed, top up
2) push and hold the window button in the down position
3) when the window reaches the fully down position hold the button for at least 2 more seconds
4) push and hold the window button in the up position
5) when the window reaches its fully closed/up position hold the button for an additional 2 seconds

That will re-index the top/bottom position for the window. See if that helps in getting a better fully closed/up seal and the initial drop down of the glass when you open the door.

Repeat for other window!

Let us know if it helps

OH almost forgot, GET Battery tested!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
I would venture a guess that they blew the 125 amp fuse on the engine compartment fuse block. It is mounted between the two large cables on the front of the box. It powers EVERYTHING at the rear fuse box.

Mike

·
Premium Member
2,966 Posts
Power seat memory, radio presets and time may also have to be reset. -- see owners manual or search this fourm

The ECM (Engine Control Module)and if an 05 or 06 Auto the TCM (transmission control module) will relearn anything lost from volatile memory after normal driving for a littler while. Just make sure you have driven a couple of days that includes steady state freeway and mid range cruising if you have to take it in for a emission test. It may take some driving to clear (complete) all self tests.

I would venture a guess that they blew the 125 amp fuse on the engine compartment fuse block. It is mounted between the two large cables on the front of the box. It powers EVERYTHING at the rear fuse box.

Mike
I hate to be picky but not quite everything in the rear fuse box is protected by this fuse. Six of the fuses are fed from the ignition switch - not from the 125 amp fuse. See highlighted in the following chart. These are the six fuses in the rear fuse box you need to test for a possible ignition switch malfunction. There are other fuses in the underhood fuse box that need to be tested as well to pinpoint an ignition switch problem without just replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
480 Posts
Same thing happened to me.
That's why I had a Kill Switch installed.
Take it in for Service, Kill it and turn it on when done.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
RG, help me here. When you say "kill switch" do you mean a switch on the battery that shuts off all power or, is this something else? LAZY ONE

·
Registered
480 Posts
The Kill Switch was on the Pace Cars.
It shuts all the power off.
The other reason was that the Battery Tender was getting too hot.
So, I shut everything off when I'm away.
It's also a good anti-theft device.
There are some entries in the SSRFanatic Blog about this.
I'm in the process of moving it under the hood for easier access.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts