Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Tech Support/Research
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shown in the attached photos is a tip that will facilitate removal of the battery on your SSR. Instead of lifting the battery up and over the lip of the battery tray, then awkwardly wrestling it to the ground while you are on your back, simply lift up the rear edge of the battery and insert a small piece of ¼ inch thick plywood under the battery. This plywood will serve as a “ramp” onto which you can then slide the battery onto another support like a box or used milk crate. Slide the box or crate sideways to the left and you have more room to then guide the battery to the ground for removal.

Attachments

·
Lost In The 50's
1,156 Posts
Big Thumbs Up!!!!

Thanks for the great tip. The older I get the harder it is to get that heavy thing out of the tray.:crying:

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
4,623 Posts
BATTERY REMOVAL TIP ... Put your SSR on a lift, do NOT take a chance on getting injured !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr
I would rather have the battery drop just 12 inches rather than 6 feet onto my toes

·
Premium Member
6,356 Posts
Shown in the attached photos is a tip that will facilitate removal of the battery on your SSR. Instead of lifting the battery up and over the lip of the battery tray, then awkwardly wrestling it to the ground while you are on your back, simply lift up the rear edge of the battery and insert a small piece of ¼ inch thick plywood under the battery. This plywood will serve as a “ramp” onto which you can then slide the battery onto another support like a box or used milk crate. Slide the box or crate sideways to the left and you have more room to then guide the battery to the ground for removal.
Great idea!

:black::smile2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
Hmmm, I'm thinking if you bought a catcher's mask and chest protector and used it to change your battery it might help. Your neighbor's might think you're a little funny but what the heck.

Dave

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,319 Posts
Good practical tip. Thanks for sharing a simple but effective idea.

:smile2:

================
David :black:

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
GREAT tip! Changed my 5 1/2 year old battery yesterday using your technique - the hardest part was getting the new battery back in the battery box! Getting too old! Found a younger neighbor and the rest was easy! THANKS for the tip!

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
GREAT tip! Changed my 5 1/2 year old battery yesterday using your technique - the hardest part was getting the new battery back in the battery box! Getting too old! Found a younger neighbor and the rest was easy! THANKS for the tip!
Right, where's your tip for getting the new battery installed snowmuncher ???
tennesseecozydog :ssr For safety reason's put in on a lift !!!

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,319 Posts
Right, where's your tip for getting the new battery installed snowmuncher ???
tennesseecozydog :ssr For safety reason's put in on a lift !!!
=========================================
Try & ease up just a bit there TDog. There are some circumstances where some might not have access to a lift. :crying:

For those in such a situation this is a valuable realistic tip. IMHO.
:smile2:

=============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
I agree Dave, TCD must be mad at the world this week, first the "Jap's" than the 1st baseman for the Astro's. Now someone installing a battery. Take a pill Bob. Still friends??

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,223 Posts
I hate to ask--- I feel like you tried installing it in reverse order, so why did it not work? Would the battery not push up on the board?

Nick

1 - 20 of 29 Posts