Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will have owned my 06 :silver:/:black: for 2 years in Sept or Oct. I wanted to check the Age of my Battery.

Is there anything special I should know before I disconnect the cables and drop the battery box?

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Before disconnecting the battery

Before disconnecting the battery lower the windows. When battery is disconnected you lose the detent on the windows.
After you reconnect the battery raise the window, hold button for 5 seconds, lower window, hold button for 5 seconds. Detent restored.

Jack

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may be right. Its an AC Delco Advantage 18 made March 2014. Battery had an 18 month warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
if you put a 9 volt in the cigarette lighter with a plug you don't have to worry about the memory stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Hey you are welcome. I keep one in the glove box for every time I mess with the battery. When I travel with the R I have a shut off switch to battery so only thing powered is small stuff. 9 volt won't allow stealing very easy, when there is no battery power to starter.

On another note my original battery lasted almost 7 years.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I found it easier and quicker to just raise the hood and connect a set of jumpers from the + battery in my car to the red post on the right inner fender and the - to ground the frame of the SSR.
Then you can remove or do whatever you want with your battery and not worry about in loss of setting, etc.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
12 volts

I found it easier and quicker to just raise the hood and connect a set of jumpers from the + battery in my car to the red post on the right inner fender and the - to ground the frame of the SSR.
Then you can remove or do whatever you want with your battery and not worry about in loss of setting, etc.
When you do this the + battery cable you remove is [HOT] & if it touched a ground you could be in a lot of trouble.

BIRD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts