Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BE AWARE: Took my R to Auto Zone to check my battery and was told I need a new battery. I asked if the location of the battery could affect his test result since he was testing off of the positive remote in the engine compartment. He didn't think so. Took it to my mechanic who direct tested battery at rear location & confirmed the battery was good. He stated a direct test is necessary for an accurate result. Saved $

SJA

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I've been living on the edge...
...bought my 04 in Sep 2014 (with only 2,300 miles on her).
She has carted my butt over 25,000 miles in the last 4 years and
I STILL haven't replaced or even checked on the battery. :surprise:

It will probably go out on my way home from work today. :laugh: LOL :glol

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Walmart Battery X

A couple of years ago I touted the Walmart 3 year battery for about $99 dollars. Yes, they stand behind their warranty, 3 year replacement, extra 2 years prorated. But when I was on the road going to Warner Robbins Rally, at a stop the truck would not start, got it to a Walmart, dead battery. No warnings, not low battery just would not start the truck. 2 years 11 1/2 months since purchase.I changed it out in parking lot because it would be 3 hours before they could get to it.
My neighbor tells me the Costco has Interstate Batteries that will fit my truck for $79. I will take him up on his offer to purchase one for me when this battery is 2 years 11 1/2 years old or sooner if needed. Just checked Costco site, $89.99, code 7. in stock.
Jack

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In a regular vehicle with engine compartment battery position, a decent battery lasts approx. 3 yrs in sunny Florida due to the heat. I wonder if we get longer battery life due to rear location without engine heat?

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Good time

This is a good time for you to acquaint yourself with the grounding systems on your R. A good ground is crucial to the proper operation of ALL the electrical controls. The tech Forum has this info or you can get a print out of ALL the Ground locations from the "How To Library"

Wishing you many trouble free years and "Long may you run":grin2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts