Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know if I could hook up a battery charger to the posts under the hood, to keep the battery up?
Thank you in advance,
Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,058 Posts
I would like to know if I could hook up a battery charger to the posts under the hood, to keep the battery up?
Thank you in advance,
Mike
be sure that you use the red "Battery" box on the right fender..... NOT the fuse box.

My personal preference is to use one of the four power outlets in the truck for a trickle charger. Three in the cabin and one in the bed.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,420 Posts
Thank you in advance,
Mike
Hopefully, Mike . . . you are referring to a Battery Tender and NOT a Battery Charger.

I agree with Mike (@Mike in AZ) . . . using one of the AUX Plugs either on the dash as I have been for many years or the one in the bed would be safer, much more convenient and less hassle for both you and your SSR.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
2,796 Posts
Hopefully, Mike . . . you are referring to a Battery Tender and NOT a Battery Charger.

I agree with Mike (@Mike in AZ) . . . using one of the AUX Plugs either on the dash as I have been for many years or the one in the bed would be safer, much more convenient and less hassle for both you and your SSR.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !
I don't always put a tender on my SSR. But when I do I choose the under the hood red box.

Dave

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,434 Posts
That's where I hook mine up every winter in storage. I just drive mine the rest of the time to keep the battery up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone for the comments. I haven't drove my R since December, I am just getting back to driving. I had a stroke in January and my left side was paralyzed. my son and his family were down from MD and he was the last one to drive it, that was a few months ago.
Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts