Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harmony

I just had to get some Harmony back into my life - good thing it's just a roadside stop between Cayucos and Cambria!

A couple years back - the entire town was up for sale... Good to see the new 'owners' are harmonious too... :lol

Attachments

B

·
0 Posts
Been "Fixed"

Keith, someone stole the ball off your trailer hitch. :lol :lol

Or is that a knee knocker?? shin splitter?? :jester

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Nice shots kwhopper. I live on the coast and we've been having an unusually overcast Fall. Got tired of it and shot in your direction and made a loop thru Paso on 46 to 41 to 33 to 58. 85 degrees and wall to wall blue sky. From Cholome to Rancho Santa Margarritta I don't think I saw 10 other cars.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That the way I come over from the Valley: 41 to 46, south on Shell Creek to 58 and 58 to Santa Margarita - over the hill to SLO and into Arroyo to see friends! The 360 photos below were on the Point Sal road - south of Guadalupe...

I usually drive on up to Cayucos and come back on Old Creek road out of there (or 46 out of Cambria!)...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ever try santa rosa creek road just about a half mile south of Cambria. Unbelievable beautiful , esp in the spring, it feels like Scotland (never been to Scotland, but its what I imagine from pictures etc.)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
6.0scSSR said:
Ever try santa rosa creek road just about a half mile south of Cambria. Unbelievable beautiful , esp in the spring, it feels like Scotland (never been to Scotland, but its what I imagine from pictures etc.)
OHH YEAHHHHHH! Cypress Mtn Road from 46/Santa Rosa Creek Rd - now thats a white knuckler!!! Up and over the Mtn to Klau!!!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sequoia Run

6.0scSSR ~ Yeah! It's amazing how many people think that Ca is nothing but crowded freeways.
You may want to keep the calendar open for April 22nd/23rd. Should be a few SSR's gathering here in Kingsburg for the 2nd annual Generals Highway Run - thru Sequoia - Kings Canyon National Parks....

Here's a few shots from Carmel Valley Road - it runs between 101 and 1. 45 miles of wonderful curves!!! (And NO traffic - with the exception of a motorcycle or 2...)

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Keith,

First of all, you ALWAYS take the BEST pictures!

Secondly, send me the individual pics from your collage and I think I can create a "spinning SSR" animated gif for you.
:thumbs

·
Registered
501 Posts
jealous

Man, you California guys are makin me jealous. I'm sittin here with a busted leg,my 03 redline red out in the garage and my new Magnuson supercharger next to it in a box!Those are some beautiful shots in the hills.I've been in the house for three months and gettin ready to bust loose soon as I can walk again.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hope you and your busted leg get better soon - there's still a few good top down days left this year!!! ;)

Here's a few more 'early' images of the first couple 'Beach Runs" I did in my SSR...

Attachments

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
abadssr said:
hey keith great wine at harmony did you pick some up
Yes - their wine if very nice. My favorite over there is York Mountain Winery (off of Hwy 46 - about 7 miles from harmony) - they have a great cabernet - I also use it as the liquid in my Thanksgiving Stuffing - kids get a kick out of the 'purple' stuffing!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts