Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember last summer jumping into the "R" on a warm summer day with the top down. The next thing I remember was getting my ass fried on the hot black leather seats!! Ouch! So I has a beaded motorcycle seat cove from years past stuffed in the garage. I threw it on the "R" seat. It helped a little but it was black too so it didn't do a lot. What it did do was help with ventilation to keep down the butt sweats.

Now I'm looking at the full seat and back beaded covers in a lighter, natural wood color. I think they might help keep a cooler entry and keep the back of my shirt from dripping sweat down the .... well, you know where.

Anyone else used these? If so, how did they work for you? I know they may not be the most stylish things but for $30 as set on ebay, I figure they might be worth a try. At least for the warm summer months. Let me know your thoughts.

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,883 Posts
Well, it could be worse. My grandfather had an inflatable "donut" that he sat on for his hemorrhoid problem while driving his car. Now that would be a PIA. lol
Dave

·
Registered
24 Posts
For what it is worth.....
I drove a small car from coast of Oregon to Monroe NC back a number of years, the only thing I did before the trip was to install a radar detector, a cruise control and the above mentioned wooden bead seat covers. I left Oregon at about 2 am and first stop was in Rawlings Wyoming at about 6 pm, even after 16 hours when I got out of the car and stood up I was very tempted to get back in and drive further, Amazing how comfortable and non fatiging those little wooden beads were.
the only problem I had was that after 6000 miles they came apart, made with monofilament fishing line, But if I were to do that long a trip again, the beads would be an essential item. just my opinion from personal experience.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frankly, I'm less concerned about looks and more concerned about function. Heck, people already think I look goofy and they don't understand the SSR anyway. What's a little more fuel for their fire?

Thanks twentygallons for your feedback.

·
Daily Driver
8,949 Posts
Counterintuitively, the wood beads are comfortable sitting on for long periods of time, so very popular with cab drivers in the 60s/70s.

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
I remember last summer jumping into the "R" on a warm summer day with the top down. The next thing I remember was getting my ass fried on the hot black leather seats!! Ouch! So I has a beaded motorcycle seat cove from years past stuffed in the garage. I threw it on the "R" seat. It helped a little but it was black too so it didn't do a lot. What it did do was help with ventilation to keep down the butt sweats.

Now I'm looking at the full seat and back beaded covers in a lighter, natural wood color. I think they might help keep a cooler entry and keep the back of my shirt from dripping sweat down the .... well, you know where.

Anyone else used these? If so, how did they work for you? I know they may not be the most stylish things but for $30 as set on ebay, I figure they might be worth a try. At least for the warm summer months. Let me know your thoughts.
:smile2:

You might also want to try some of this..........

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anti-Mon...75035&wl11=online&wl12=46829841&wl13=&veh=sem

:grin2:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,414 Posts
Or even this old favorite.....:surprise: :surprise:

~~~~~ 2018-04-03-15-31-25--489681046.jpeg ~~~~~​

"Sure works for me!!"-------> 2018-01-28-11-46-59--201019861.jpeg

===============
David :black:
images-10.jpeg

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I have used these beaded seat covers in my combine seat for years. I often spend 16 to 18 hours a day in that seat and those beads definitely help my a** on those really long days. Worth the $25 for me. kram6

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,278 Posts
And after driving all day with one of these beaded seat covers, your backside will look like a waffle from IHOP for the next 24 hours......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts