Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called today - they were going to just replace the interior trim on the bed cover with a new one, as the compartment in the old one keeps falling open thanks to the sprung latch (instead of the twist-lock on the '05).

Anyways, they called today sounding a little puzzled - the replacement piece doesn't have a compartment in it at all! Now, having been SSR-less for 4 days already I just told'em to stick it in - but anybody else have this?

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
jammadave said:
Dealer called today - they were going to just replace the interior trim on the bed cover with a new one, as the compartment in the old one keeps falling open thanks to the sprung latch (instead of the twist-lock on the '05).

Anyways, they called today sounding a little puzzled - the replacement piece doesn't have a compartment in it at all! Now, having been SSR-less for 4 days already I just told'em to stick it in - but anybody else have this?
I have the basic model - no compartment - also no carpet trim, etc.

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
From my understanding they have stopped putting the compartment in the 05 models.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
houtex said:
I have the basic model - no compartment - also no carpet trim, etc.
Well mine has the carpet trim, and I assume the piece they're putting in is carpet, since I think the base bed includes nothing on the underside of the bed lid...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Calcustom said:
My 05" has the compartmrnt with a twist type latch.
I have an 04 with a totally different latch. It doesn't stay up very well either.
I have also seen the seats that have the leather going all the way down on each side and others that have cloth next to the console. Can anyone explain that.
steve

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have a late '04 with the twist latch and leather all the way down the seats. Don't know if late model run truck is the difference or not.

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
I have the cloth on the side of the seat next to the console. My 04's VIN ends in 110288

Is that an early or late 04?

Jim G

B

·
0 Posts
My 05 has the twist lock on the bed cover carpet trim #19309 Made in Dec. 04 last week they worked before christmas. My 03 had the same twist lock after they replaced it because every time I would close the cover the lid would come open. I kept the cargo net in it. :flag :seeya

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
slingshotray said:
Maybe they removed the compartment so we would stop ask "what is that compartment for." :)
Or maybe they couldn't figure out a fitting whatsit to put in there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts