Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What in tarnation is the secret compartment on the underside of the bed lid supposedly for? Other than a tissue or two! Also is my defrost icon supposed to be lit up always when the SSR is running?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,620 Posts
What in tarnation is the secret compartment on the underside of the bed lid supposedly for? Other than a tissue or two! Also is my defrost icon supposed to be lit up always when the SSR is running?
1. It was designed to hold something that never materialized so I think it is only on some late 04 and early 05 models. Some people have made thiings to fit and there are thread about it.
2. This is a common question and the answer is Yes, Thanks for asking!0:)

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
I put a set of the under hood SSR letters made by Dakota Doc Martin in mine, used velcro to hold them in place. When I am parked at a hot rod cruise or car show, I drop it down to show off the letters, of course the cargo cover must be up.

·
Premium Member
2,045 Posts
Foam piece

Michael, the foam came from Sears, a kit for a tool drawer liner. You get 2 pieces and pointed double sided knife. One side of the foam has a removable paper to do the layout and draw the tool outline. It will take 2 tries to get it right. Make sure you cut inside the lines. I sliced the cut out piece in half and glued back in so the tools are flush. I used velco to hold them in because the weight of the tools will cause the door to move past vertical dumping all to the tools on the floor.
Have fun.
Mike I just checked the garage. I have one piece of the foam, sticky paper and the knife. It would cost quite a bit to ship because of the size of the foam and it is semi stiff. If you are going to be at Maggie Valley I will bring it free of charge to help thank you for all you did at the Rally.

Jack

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
I don't have a spare, so if my stop leak, tire plug and air won't fix it, I'll need a tow. So that means, I will not be driving. I made an emergency kit out of mine.

Edited to add:

Actually it is just a car show, something for kicks thing. I think I did take a bottle out once over a couple of years for "medicinal-health" reasons at home.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts