Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the entire assembly, it's missing from mine...bought it that way...I assume all models have one as standard equipment??

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine has the plastic liner...so no? There is no liner under the cover, just the bed.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
Mine has the plastic liner...so no? There is no liner under the cover, just the bed.
In this case, your SSR was delivered without the cargo compartment upgrade to the carpet. Your truck will not have the wiring harness that runs along the left frame rail and has a branch to the cargo compartment. You are also missing the connectors and relay/circuit board that connects to the light. The light itself is not part of the lid, but instead it is part of the liner that attaches to the lid.

Mike

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
However, the switch that Mike mentioned in your other thread as attached to the latch on the left side of the bed, is still there to prevent the top from opening when the bed cover is open. This may be something to investigate if having issues with the top opening.

Reactions: USSR and Garris1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is that switch on the left side of the tailgate? Or on the left side of the cover? The cover is a big rectangle so where exactly???

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
Is that switch on the left side of the tailgate? Or on the left side of the cover? The cover is a big rectangle so where exactly???
The switch is part of the lid latch on the left (driver’s side) upper, rear corner of the body…… it is the latch that captures the left corner of the lid.

Please note: If the lid is not fully latched, the top will not operate……

·
Premium Member
2005 SSR
30 Posts
I need the entire assembly, it's missing from mine...bought it that way...I assume all models have one as standard equipment??
I bought a set of puck lights. You can change the colors with the push of a button. Also has a remote control with it. It doesn’t come on unless you push the “on“button. Mine has the wiring for the lid light but it was disconnected by previous owner, after reading about the fire danger from shorting out I didn’t bother fixing it. I used the Puck lights while displaying it at the Metro Cruise and it went over well. Got mine at Menards. I’d take a picture but it is sleeping for the winter.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,877 Posts
Plan on spending some time to install.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
@USSR it sounds like you have a couple of things going on in this post so I have sent a message on the bed light and a carpet kit if your looking for one.
He has a Tupperware Bed. His roof won't operate because either his bed cover is not fully latched, there is a problem with the microswitch in the latch, or a problem in the wiring. In another thread which he has subsequently deleted, someone suggested his problem was in the wiring of his Bed Light. Not having a bedlight, and not yet understanding that the trucks without a Carpet Kit did not come equipped with a bedlight, he assumed his problem stemmed from a bedlight being removed by the previous owner. I believe he now understands that his problem does not lay in the bedlight assembly, and is in need of troubleshooting advice for the latch/microswitch/wiring area.

But... if he decides he'd like to upgrade his truck and add the Bed Carpet Kit with associated wiring and bedlight, I'm sure he won't find a better price or better installation advice than you have to offer.

If someone has a good detailed troubleshooting sequence for the Bed-cover latch and microswitch, I'm sure it would go a long way in resolving our Russian Friend's frustration.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,570 Posts
If the bed cover switch circuit is open it should display an error message in Driver Information Center stating the cover is open.

I will wait for him to get it back from being on display at a car show and his response to all of the above suggestions.
I suspect that either the cargo cover wasn't latched or there is an issue someplace else in his system.

I'll wait and see....... and help troubleshoot if needed....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If the bed cover switch circuit is open it should display an error message in Driver Information Center stating the cover is open.

I will wait for him to get it back from being on display at a car show and his response to all of the above suggestions.
Yes it said ajar...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
When the tailgate flew open on the freeway ride to the autoshow...something must have happened...but will have to wait till after Sunday...to investigate.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,505 Posts
Glad to hear all is working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts