Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Truck did not come with the carpeted bed. I ordered the bed strips like the rosewood ones from ASC but only in silver. The kit came today from ASC but there is velcro only on the strips and No Velcro to put down in the bed grooves. My question is the Velcro for the bed side supposed to come with these? I didnt get any if it is.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
The strips were intended to stick to the carpeted bedliner.

You should be able to purchase the "fuzzy" velcro off the shelf. It may not stick to the bedliner very well - I would use some plastic prep to remove any mold release from the liner to improve adhesion.

Ray

·
Registered
590 Posts
Got to your local hobby or fabric shop and get some self adheasive velcro to match bed strips and lay the strips in the bed and mark before peeling the backing off then peel the backing off and install as marked.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
frankmp said:
By box did'nt come with the carpet neither; I bought a set of strips off of e-bay and plan on following Jim's instructions in the spring. Looks like you just buy some industrial heavy duty Velcro and glue onto the plastic liner. Follow these excellent instructions:thumbs

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3322&highlight=velcro+strip

Frank
Oh see I didnt know they were intended to stick to the carpet DUH! I went to Hobby Lobby and got Velcro squares and they worked just fine. I did order the factory fitted carpet floor mat so maybe I can stick the rails to it also. I have pictures of the strips installed if any one would like to see them

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is How I installed mine. I put the strips in the lower grooves instead of being level with the side rails. This allows the strips to "nest" and be BELOW the bedliner. You really cant "see" the difference and they wont get scratched because they are below the bed serface. I wanted them for cosmetics only. I have a picture if any one wants to see how this looks.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Check your P/M. With this type of mounting you can only use 6 of the 7 strips but if you dont know there is supposed to be 7 of them you just can't tell. I will now be able to leave the strips in and put my fitted carpet bed mat right over the strips without it making the mat lumpy or having to remove them.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ricochet said:
Here is How I installed mine. I put the strips in the lower grooves instead of being level with the side rails. This allows the strips to "nest" and be BELOW the bedliner. You really cant "see" the difference and they wont get scratched because they are below the bed serface. I wanted them for cosmetics only. I have a picture if any one wants to see how this looks.
Did the same thing looks great but you end up with 2 extra strips. Got my supplies at Lows.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigAlkin said:
Did the same thing looks great but you end up with 2 extra strips. Got my supplies at Lows.
Hmmm I only have 1 left over I had 7 Velcro strips and 2 side rail strips. I used the side rail strips and 6 of the others.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I put mine in the lower cannel, that way they are out of the way almost even with the other ridge that you used. They are still lower than the original mounting place but are also protected. Used 5 instead of 6.

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BigAlkin said:
I put mine in the lower cannel, that way they are out of the way almost even with the other ridge that you used. They are still lower than the original mounting place but are also protected. Used 5 instead of 6.
Mine are in the lower channels also except for the two side ones that fit in the side rail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts