Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dash Mats for SSR now harder to get.

Have to order and wait, Custom Order, takes about 4 to 5 weeks.

Just did four and have four more on order, two already spoken for.

Dash Mat is suggested for your SSR. Protect from heat on dash, heat on cluster, Radio/Security System, Air bag, Blower Motor, Inside door actuator.

BLACK velour OR it will reflect in windshield and you can't SEE!! Been there, done that!!

The velour is best to emborder. Been there, done that!

Not that expensive yet, $75.00 plus what you want embordered on Mat.

I have a lot of Art Work or use yours.

Dicktator

I like DRAGON FLY and SLINGSHOT YELLOW

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,390 Posts
As per our conversation Dick I'll take the third one from the bottom (blue truck in picture) but make the truck UV and put Purple Haze over the top and the bow SSR on the bottom like the picture.Thanks let me know what I owe you and I will see you in January to pick it up, who knows you might even get a bottle of Capt. Morgan for getting it made (y);)

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR ROTM WINNER SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC -aka- Ole Blue
1,783 Posts
Dash Mats for SSR now harder to get.

Have to order and wait, Custom Order, takes about 4 to 5 weeks.

Just did four and have four more on order, two already spoken for.

Dash Mat is important for your SSR. Protect from heat on dash, heat on cluster, Radio/Security System, Air bag, Blower Motor, Inside door actuator.

BLACK velour OR it will reflect in windshield and you can't SEE!! Been there, done that!!

The velour is best to emborder. Been there, done that!

Not that expensive yet, $75.00 plus what you want embordered on Mat.

I have a lot of Art Work or use yours.

Dicktator

I like DRAGON FLY and SLINGSHOT YELLOW
Thanks dictator best investment made and we LOVE how you put our pac blue in center and my and Dianes name on it. A real plus y’all

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As per our conversation Dick I'll take the third one from the bottom (blue truck in picture) but make the truck UV and put Purple Haze over the top and the bow SSR on the bottom like the picture.Thanks let me know what I owe you and I will see you in January to pick it up, who knows you might even get a bottle of Capt. Morgan for getting it made (y);)
OK, this the color?
Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting
Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2004 UV
1,390 Posts
Color looks good just need Purple Haze across the top and chevy bow tie with SSR on the bottom....Thanks again Dick

·
Premium Member
5,234 Posts
I am glad you are doing them. Could you do one with a red N that the University of Nebraska uses? Let me know.

Thanks again.

Dave

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,070 Posts
@Dicktator reading this I have to ask if your joking about the benefits of the dash cover or not.
"Dash Mat is important for your SSR. Protect from heat on dash, heat on cluster, Radio/Security System, Air bag, Blower Motor, Inside door actuator. "

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Dicktator reading this I have to ask if your joking about the benefits of the dash cover or not.
"Dash Mat is important for your SSR. Protect from heat on dash, heat on cluster, Radio/Security System, Air bag, Blower Motor, Inside door actuator. "
IF you live in FLORIDA or other Southern States, yes, heat will cause damage. You can experiment if you like.

IF you live in Missouri you are more worried about SNOW!

Black retains heat, plastic cracks, cluster stepper motors don't like heat, actuator for air circulation is top of dash and sprocket cracks off a tooth from heat.

No, I was not joking.

Your R, do what you like.

Dicktator

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
5,070 Posts
The sun coming through the windshield is heating the air and hot air rises. Yes the dash will absorb the heat and the mat will reduce that. But with air space and another layer of plastic between the radio and cluster there would be little to no chance of the heat from the dash effecting them. The hot air in cabin will but not radiating from the dash.

A far better selling point for the dash mat is the ability of customizing anyone's truck to suite them and easy to remove if they ever sell it.

Also another great benefit for them, is it keeps things from sliding off the dash. I many times put my sun glasses on the dash and don't worry about them sliding into the floor like what happens in my 04 with out a dash mat.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would like to buy a dash mat for my 04 ssr. I would like the logo to be the first logo in the middle. My email is [email protected]. Thank You for making these, they look really good.
Not sure what you want. Out of Dashmats at this time, will order more.

Put you 1st on list.

Dicktator

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts