Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well this is what some parts of my 06 Black Tie looked like after arriving at LCC on the 27th of February after drinving from Chicago. The aerodynamic lines of the SSR show signs of having been developed in a wind tunnel. Notice the cool lines made by the salt and snow from the road. You must click on them to make them larger to see the effect.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
SS My R said:
Well this is what some parts of my 06 Black Tie looked like after arriving at LCC on the 27th of February after drinving from Chicago. The aerodynamic lines of the SSR show signs of having been developed in a wind tunnel. Notice the cool lines made by the salt and snow from the road
:eek ..:nono

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
SS My R said:
Thanks Buffalo, I guess the picture with the light does look kind of cool.​
COOL:banghead I don't think so.:smash We get that crap 6 months a year.:reddevil

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikepowell said:
when it's clean:nono
I beg to differ:skep
I love the way black beauty looks either way:flag
Yep black does look good, that's why I have three black vehicles.

In the last six years I've had six black vehicles.

:cheers :cheers :cheers​

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Mine looked the same wayafter the trip on the 27 of Feb. It all washed off. Bad weather is no reason to leave the SSR at home. time to take the covers off and start enjoying them. :flag :party

·
Registered
96 Posts
Wind tunnel

SS My R said:
Well this is what some parts of my 06 Black Tie looked like after arriving at LCC on the 27th of February after drinving from Chicago. The aerodynamic lines of the SSR show signs of having been developed in a wind tunnel. Notice the cool lines made by the salt and snow from the road. You must click on them to make them larger to see the effect.

First of all, thanks for posting the pics. Love 'em!

These photos show own of the biggest reasons why I like the SSR so much... because it isn't aerodynamic at ALL and punches a big hole in the air as it cruises by! If these fantastic trucks had been designed to do well in a wind tunnel, the designer would have been FIRED! The lines (and lack thereof) prove that MASSIVE amounts of turbulence abound on the beasty. The hood is so poorly aerodynamic that it doesn't even have streaks... droplets indicate separation of the boundary layer.

If I wanted an aerodynamic vehicle, I'd save up for a well designed sports car. These SSR beasties are street rods through and through. They may as well have a flat, upright windshield with these aerodynamic qualities!

Best,

Jeff

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The SSR was in the wind tunnel, but not to fine tune the aerodynamics. We needed the data for cooling and a drag coefficient for emissions calibration.
By happenstance, the SSR has the lowest Cd of any pickup, mostly because of the bed cover. I always wanted Chevy to race the SSR in the big oval pickup races. It was in production and it is a lot smoother than what they are racing.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,646 Posts
Why Not Have a SSR Racer?

freezer said:
... It was in production and it is a lot smoother than what they are racing.
I agree with you Ed, I too wondered why they didn't take advantage of the SSRs sleeker styling. :skep

1 - 15 of 15 Posts