Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:crying:

Within the last month or so, today was the second time.....(both times the outside temp was over 90 degrees). I've got the top up and the A/C going and all is good except I lean back into the seat back and WOW....the damn seat is HOT.:surprise:

Slide my left hand down along side the seat and discover that the "rocker" switch for the (heated) seat is toggled up (meaning "on").

I'm thinking one of two reasons for that..........There is only "slight" movement of the switch to be "on" versus "off"........or upon entry (in a tight space in the garage), I'm accidently moving the switch with my leg as I rotate to get in.:frown2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
I found that was happening to me when I first got the truck and it trained me to check that switch after I fasten the seat belt when I have made a tight space entry into the driver seat.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,275 Posts
Ck Dicktator's One drive procedures. What may be happening is the seat base side trim can flex enough as you sit down to turn the heater switch on. Can also occur if the swich mounting bezel is cracked. In his procedure, he slightly enlarges the opening for the rocker switch.

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Both"

If only the seat back is hot and not the bottom cushion, then you have a problem with the cushion heater, they both should be hot.

Jack

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If only the seat back is hot and not the bottom cushion, then you have a problem with the cushion heater, they both should be hot.

Jack
:|

Yeah, I agree with that. Maybe because my jeans are thicker than the cotton T shirt I had on, I only became aware of the seat back.:smile2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,395 Posts
:smile2:
Just reviewed the writeup, will have to investigate if that is causing my problem.
Please be sure to let us know either way.

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
:smile2:
Just reviewed the writeup, will have to investigate if that is causing my problem.
Do I have this right. You find the seat getting hot and find the switch on, so you're trying to figure out how the switch gets turned on?

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
ck dicktator's one drive procedures. What may be happening is the seat base side trim can flex enough as you sit down to turn the heater switch on. Can also occur if the swich mounting bezel is cracked. In his procedure, he slightly enlarges the opening for the rocker switch.
that's exactly was my problem &
resolved as stated above with a
razor blade.....

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,012 Posts
Hey this thing has seat heaters!

Since we’re family, I gotta share...

As we were choosing our “pick of the litter”, we took our SSR out for a test drive and my wife experienced her first “hot flash”. Note: we were both in our mid 40s. I pulled over into a residential area and we began to have a fairly serious discussion, and I remember asking, Are you alright? I can turn the A/C up?, as the R was nearly shooting ice cubes out the vents. She said, No it should pass. She was glistening. I then asked her to drive. We swapped seats, enjoying the stifling Houston heat and humidity, and jumped back in the truck. As we pulled away I too began to experience my first hot flash. I then started looking and feeling around, What are you doing? and found some switches on the side of the seat. I said, Pull over. I then opened the door and looked down and exclaimed, Hey this thing has seat heaters!

We laughed and laughed. We still do as we talk about the story. This post has been approved and we laughed some more.

-Robert
:silver:

P.S. Yes, we do use the seat heaters in the dead of Houston winter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts