Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
benn swimming and benn stolen

here are a few more pics of abused ssrs the black is a flood victim the purple a theft and vandalism
 

Attachments

2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Ultra Violet One

Hey are those Missouri plates on that SSR.....Do we know where they Live in Missouri ? Missourian Here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the purple one is in st louis and the black in california
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
369 Posts
You SSR people.....

Just shows you how carried awy these SSR people are. They take their trucks fishing, and leave the boat at home.
Mike :cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
:eek And one day someone will brag of the "great deal" on a SSR he got for wayyyy below book price ...

The black one has potential as a flower planter ! :cool
 

·
SSR Pit Crew
Joined
·
1,742 Posts
As a person who feels that cars have a personality, I just wonder how much they suffered................

DANG!
 

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
Joined
·
11,997 Posts
Blue6T9 said:
:eek And one day someone will brag of the "great deal" on a SSR he got for wayyyy below book price ...

The black one has potential as a flower planter ! :cool
For sure - it's already pushin' up the daisys..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
222 Posts
I'll take'm

I'll take either 1 of'm. Any1 got any info on'm I'm interested. :yesnod :eek

:cool
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
both are at dealer only auctions the purple one is in st louis the black is in california (sorry looks like I have already posted that info)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Which One to Save

The poor, poor smokin asphalt. Did the owner have to abandon it and get out quickly? Could he have saved it, but had to take another vehicle. As someone with multiple vehicles I wonder which one I would save. Right now it is a toss up between the Prowler and the SSR. I think that I would probably choose the Prowler only because it is no longer in production.

That's it I would save my dog, myself and my Prowler. If I had time I would come back for the SSR.

:boxing

:seeya E :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
579 Posts
Great Idea-But!

wildcat66 said:
Just keep the prowler on a trailer and pull it out with your SSR.

That's a Great Idea, butt (Notice how there's always a but, and that some buts are bigger than others) I acutally have not been able to find a trailer that fits the Prowler. I should probably check the Prowler site, but when I purchased the Prowler and wanted to rent a trailer to carry it, no-one had a trailer that could fit the wheel base. I check Uhal and other trailer companies and no-one had a trailer that could accomodate the Prowler. I think it had more to do with tie down of the wheels. Shipping companies also had the same problem. They said that they would half to put the Prowler on a flatbed and take it that way. Of course it would cost thousands of dollars and take about three weeks, unless I wanted to pay expedite charges. I wound up just driving it back home.

Also I believe that the weight of the Prowler exceeds the towing capacity of the SSR.

Anyway, there's my two buts. I guess I am unique because most people only have one. :lol

:seeya E :seeya
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,502 Posts
ECurtis said:
Also I believe that the weight of the Prowler exceeds the towing capacity of the SSR.
That occured to me too.

But then, you only have to get to high ground. How hard could that be for the SSR?
 

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
Joined
·
11,997 Posts
ECurtis said:
That's a Great Idea, butt (Notice how there's always a but, and that some buts are bigger than others) I acutally have not been able to find a trailer that fits the Prowler. I should probably check the Prowler site, but when I purchased the Prowler and wanted to rent a trailer to carry it, no-one had a trailer that could fit the wheel base. I check Uhal and other trailer companies and no-one had a trailer that could accomodate the Prowler. I think it had more to do with tie down of the wheels. Shipping companies also had the same problem. They said that they would half to put the Prowler on a flatbed and take it that way. Of course it would cost thousands of dollars and take about three weeks, unless I wanted to pay expedite charges. I wound up just driving it back home.

Also I believe that the weight of the Prowler exceeds the towing capacity of the SSR.

Anyway, there's my two buts. I guess I am unique because most people only have one. :lol

:seeya E :seeya
If you're looking for high ground the rest of us are in real trouble! I have a tow bar setup for my '65 vert and it would go behind the SSR. If the waters start rising - I'm going to your place.
;)
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top