Chevy SSR Forum banner

besides looks?

2K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  Diggs 
#1 ·
While pumping gas last night, an unshaved and weather beaten; can do-it-all; old pick up driver type man in his 50s came up to me and asks "Hey, what do you like about that car?"

I was in a do not disturb mood. So I replied "Just look at it!!"

His rebuttal: " Besides the looks." :confused :confused

I replied, in a kind of pissed manner " You'll know if you ever get to sit in one!"

How would you answer? short and concisely to the point.

#6 ·
Marc NY said:
I agree... with the smile factor... no matter if you are a biker, or a non GM friend you have to admit just about everyone that sees our beauty can't help themselves.... they all give out one big SMILE! :)

I agree with Marc.

Because there are so few of these, let's not make a bad impression when someone who wants to know more about "our babies."

That's how I got started in Harleys. Just walked up to a guy getting gas and told him how nice his scooter looks (a mandatory first move) and then he proceeded to explain the open and free feeling he gets from riding. (Kind of similar feeling we get in our SSR's)

Take the questioning as a sign of that person gathering up the guts to go over and talk to a perfect stranger find out more about their cool car!

Remember, a smile is an instant vacation!

#7 ·
One of the reasons I love my SSR so much is that it totally gets me out of any type of "Do not disturb mood". I love talking to others about it and seeing the excitement on their faces. It's great being able to share such a beautiful auto with others. :angel

#8 ·
Before I got mine I kept reading about all the looks, questions, comments etc. that everyone was getting. In the couple weeks I've had mine I will say there was no exaggeration. I've been stopped quite a few times, gotten thumbs up from other drivers, been questioned a lot and the top has gone up and down many times. It is definitely an eyecatcher and a fun car to drive. :party

#10 ·
Looks

It's amazing how many people have no idea what they are, and it doesn't seem to matter where you go. Besides if people were not drawn to it I think we would all feel a little let down. Also it's hard to talk to people all about it without sounding like you're braging just a little.

ricardo said it best EVERYTHING

#11 ·
Amazing!

I got a call from my local dealer today at work and he asked me if I would be interested in showing my SSR at his annual Christmas party he throws for all of his customers throughout the year! He said it's an eye catcher and people love to look at them! He promised to rope it off so people can't droll all over it, so I said sure! It will be inside the civic crnter building center stage! i feel like a celebrity and I've only had it two weeks! A great way to meet new people and make new friends!

#12 ·
Smile :) seems to be the best answer(no words necessary)

I guess I was a bit arrogant sob.... ;) ;) There goes the SSR ambassador job..

Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning and preparing the SSR for my day-trip to L. V. Wednesday. :) :) :)

#17 · (Edited)
It was a great idea for the picture.
Don't feel too bad. I have a friend with a printing shop. They are afraid to give me anything to read after its been printed because I almost always find some small error. Its amazing how many times a customer signs off on a proof that has misspelled words.

Ode to Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling checker
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marks four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My checker tolled me sew.

author unknown

#18 ·
dingbat,

Cute poem!

I just noticed that not only did I spell psychiatrist wrong, but I meant to say:

Photoshop skill = 10
Spelling skill = 0, not 10.

(Better not buy a lotto ticket today)

:cheers Here's to more fun on this forum!

#21 ·
Marc NY said:
Hay Biffy,

Don't ax me how many tie ms I mised spel my wrds to!

Photoshop skill 9.5
Typing 9.5
Spelling 5.5
:lol
OK, Mark! Don't think we didn't notice your avatar is now moving! Very nice!

As the residence photo expert, how can I reduce the size of an animated gif to 150 x 150? I have no problem with purchasing something to do this, but want to be sure what I get will work. :confused

#22 ·
Gif Animator

HEY BIFFY, (opps Buffy) ;)

It is MAR"C" LOL

I am just learning this myself so when I get the hang of it more I will be glad to share with you... Microsoft has a Gif Animator which is free to use.

Resize feature is in your photo program... go to it and select 150 or less size.

#23 ·
Marc NY said:
HEY BIFFY, (opps Buffy) ;)

It is MAR"C" LOL

I am just learning this myself so when I get the hang of it more I will be glad to share with you... Microsoft has a Gif Animator which is free to use.

Resize feature is in your photo program... go to it and select 150 or less size.
Dang! I can't type worth a flip today! Sorry Marc.

I will look into that Microsoft Gif Animator. I can reduce pictures, but I can't reduce an animated gif.

Thanks for the quick response!
Biffy........ I mean, Buffy! (You've got ME doing it!)

#26 ·
The REAL Biff Please stand up!

Buffy said:
Thanks for the quick response!
Biffy........ I mean, Buffy! (You've got ME doing it!)
Hey Buffy, I will always remeber you now as Biffy lol... Biff was my wife's favorite character in the Movie "Back to the Future" Do you remember him at the end of the movie where he was cleaning and waxing the cars? Well.... when my wife wants to give me a "jab" or "two" when I am working on my SSR too much all she has to say is OK Biff or Biffy aren't you done yet???
:glol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.