Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today noticed the black material lifting up off of the running board on the driver's side. What would be the best adhesive to use to stick it back and have it last "forever"?
Many thanks, Gib

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am interested in the experiences of others, also.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Easy... strip 'em and spray 'em with Line-X or Rhino Lining.
Thanks wizzr, but a little too severe for me at this point. Will go with Stlhotrod's comments and give some 3M double sided tape a shot and see how it works. Appreciate your comment.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm redoing my boards. Was recommended to use 3M part number 06382. My local auto parts supplier carries this in stock.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Use the 3M VHB tape
Thanks for the tip. Yesterday I purchased a roll of VHB so maybe I did something right. Thanks for confirming!!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm redoing my boards. Was recommended to use 3M part number 06382. My local auto parts supplier carries this in stock.
I ended up with 06384 which has 2 kinds of adhesive, a different one the liner side than is on the non-liner side. I already clamped it down so will know tomorrow when i take a 150 mile drive. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Premium Member
1,524 Posts
When I redid mine I removed the rubber and tape, refinished the boards then glued the rubber down with urethane construction adhesive and taped thedges down until the adhesive set. I then sealed the edges of the rubber all the way around with permtex ultra black silicone to keep dirt and water from getting under the rubber. That was about two years ago and they are still down tight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts