Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new here. I need some 5x100 wheel spacers.
Went to the local repair shop yesterday,they quoted me $200 for a set ( 4 ) wheel spacers.The price is beyond my budget.
Hope I am not breaking any forum rules here, but here are a couple suppliers I am considering.
JCWhitney.com
Hexautoparts.com
CarParts.com

Just wondering if I can get some reviews regarding hubcentric wheels spacers.
Any info such as:
Positive/negative experiences
Opinions

Thanks look forward to your comments

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
SummitRacing maybe?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Hi, I am new here. I need some 5x100 wheel spacers.
Went to the local repair shop yesterday,they quoted me $200 for a set ( 4 ) wheel spacers.The price is beyond my budget.
Hope I am not breaking any forum rules here, but here are a couple suppliers I am considering.
JCWhitney.com
Hexautoparts.com
CarParts.com

Just wondering if I can get some reviews regarding hubcentric wheels spacers.
Any info such as:
Positive/negative experiences
Opinions

Thanks look forward to your comments
I’ve always ordered mine here and I would recommend hub centric ones because some tire stores won’t touch the vehicle if their not hub centric.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

Rope

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Thanks so much for sharing.
Could this store customize the wheel spacers that I need ? Does it really offer a life time warranty ?

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Hi, Thanks so much for sharing.
Could this store customize the wheel spacers that I need ? Does it really offer a life time warranty ?
I know they can build them to what you want. As far as the warranty haven’t had the need to find out, call them.

Rope

·
Premium Member
2,702 Posts
Just picked up my new SSR. I am a fan of "stance" and how the wheel/tire fits in the wheel well. Given that, I'm curious as to why an SSR owner would seek out a (spacer). To me, the stock wheel/tire combo fills out the wheel well quite well.

As you should know, getting the tire out (beyond) the fender, invites sand/grit that WILL mess up the paint behind the wheel well openings.

So..............what am I missing as to wanting (spacers).

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,092 Posts
Moscooter,
It appears James is looking for adapters to go from the SSR 6 lug to a 5x100 lug pattern. If going to custom wheels there's a 1000x more options with the 5 lug wheel and proper backspace can be ordered to make up for the spacer thickness to maintain OEM track width.

Reactions: mikebike

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,747 Posts
One thing about spacers is you need to be checking the lugs to make sure they are tight. I have see a few times when tires have left the vehicle because of spacers. Either the lugs backed off or the studs broke off and the wheel opened up the wheel opening on the way out. Not pretty at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts