Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2005 is just 2 days old...its stock...its in California... Now I want to add performance exhast (CA legal) before doing a Dyno tune. What are the most favored up grades?

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm in California also. I went with Corsa after reading about the drone on the highway with Magnaflow. The original Mufflers were rusting out. When you have your Transmission Serviced, the Corvette Servo also makes a difference. Unfortunately, California Emission Standards are very strict regarding Catalytic Converters. OEM only. Good luck.
https://www.corsaperformance.com/co...3-0-sport-cat-back-14254?variant=624053616656

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
2 SEATS ONLY, Nice to See your LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP!! Welcome from Forney Texas!!! You will discover that you have found the BEST FORUM ever!---Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" something, it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

--Also if you haven't yet, go to "FORUMS", "SSRFanatics News & Polls", "New Member section" and introduce Yourself!!

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
What exactly are you wanting from a performance exhaust?

And how much drone inside the cab are you willing to accept?

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,276 Posts
This thread is posted in wrong area. Might want to ask Moderators to move to Performance or Customization forum to get more responses to your query.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,067 Posts
I'm in California also. I went with Corsa after reading about the drone on the highway with Magnaflow. The original Mufflers were rusting out. When you have your Transmission Serviced, the Corvette Servo also makes a difference. Unfortunately, California Emission Standards are very strict regarding Catalytic Converters. OEM only. Good luck.
https://www.corsaperformance.com/co...3-0-sport-cat-back-14254?variant=624053616656
Never heard of anyone complain of drone with Magnaflo. Have them on all my vehicles. No drone but lots of power. You may be thinking of FloMaster. Drone very loud at about 60 MPH.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,394 Posts
No drone on my cars with Flowmaster! Installed at tailpipe and added pipe at inlet. That put it more under the bed. Oh also it is not recommended for street use!

Nick

Attachments

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,631 Posts
WELCOME, 2 Seats Only . . . from Southern Arizona.

MagnaFlow Cat Back for 9 plus years . . . LOVE IT.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,067 Posts
What exactly are you wanting from a performance exhaust?

And how much drone inside the cab are you willing to accept?
Remember it is CALIFORNIA!!!

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
Welcome 2 Seats Only!
I am running a racing muffler with a 27 inch J Pipe. Cut a egg size oval right in front of the muffler on the left side and weld in J Pipe. It will eliminate any and all drone if done properly.
Hope this Helps...Good Luck

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
this thread is posted in wrong area. Might want to ask moderators to move to performance or customization forum to get more responses to your query.
done

·
Registered
3 Posts
Electronic cutout

I like the sound out of the stock mufflers on my 04, but added a cutout to under the rear bumper. That way, I can enjoy a straight pipe sound at will. Works great, I have the switch mounted to the front of the drivers seat. I wanted the sound coming out behind the car so it isn't so raw. The cutout lets me start the car in the morning without waking the wife

·
Premium Member
2,213 Posts
Never heard of anyone complain of drone with Magnaflo. Have them on all my vehicles. No drone but lots of power. You may be thinking of FloMaster. Drone very loud at about 60 MPH.
:smile2:
I agree with the above. Prior posts have as I have noted shown Flomaster to be a problem with an SSR and "drone"............much more so than Magnaflo.

But, then again, I was born quite "nearsighted" but with excellent hearing. Now, while quite an old guy, my hearing is still great........no need for "aids". Plus, cataract surgery has since corrected my eyesight which is now 20-15. :wink2:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,067 Posts
:smile2:
I agree with the above. Prior posts have as I have noted shown Flomaster to be a problem with an SSR and "drone"............much more so than Magnaflo.

But, then again, I was born quite "nearsighted" but with excellent hearing. Now, while quite an old guy, my hearing is still great........no need for "aids". Plus, cataract surgery has since corrected my eyesight which is now 20-15. :wink2:
Now that you got your sight fixed and back might want to read the box again.

Reactions: DOOPHUS
1 - 15 of 15 Posts