Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a car cruise tonight, and a man and his wife were looking at my SSR and he looked over at me and asked if it was mine. I told him yes, and he said, " I think this is the best looking vehicle ever made", he paused for a second, and then he said, " and for me to say that is pretty good, I'm a FORD dealer!"

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Ford Dealer??

Lloger,
Not to burst your bubble since that is a way cool :thumbs comment but,

consider the source - a Ford dealer!? :glol

Of course I'm waiting for that to happen to me. It'll probably be a Diahatsu dealer...

·
Registered
579 Posts
That's Quite a Compliment

Lloyd,

That's quite a compliment. I must admit that 05 Mustang looks HOT! So does their Shelby vehicle. However, Art is right. The guy is only a Ford dealer :D

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Say what you want to guys, but I DROVE an SVT Mustang Cobra with the supercharged engine. That was easily the nicest feeling domestic engine I have experienced, and that includes comparing it to the Z06 I used to own.

It wasn't just power I am talking about, it was the smoothness, the revvability, the sound, and the general feel. Closest thing to a motorcycle I have ever experienced in a car.

The Mustang is a car built to a price point and so has obvious limitations, but that supercharged engine was a gem.

Jim G

·
Registered
347 Posts
lloger said:
I was at a car cruise tonight, and a man and his wife were looking at my SSR and he looked over at me and asked if it was mine. I told him yes, and he said, " I think this is the best looking vehicle ever made", he paused for a second, and then he said, " and for me to say that is pretty good, I'm a FORD dealer!"

I wouldn't care what kind of a dealership he had for any car person to say that it's a great compliment!!
Ken

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Dodge

I had to take my neighbor to DODGE to pick up his Magnum. I was greeted by several individuals on the lot looking for a new DODGE. The sales rep and the individuals wanted to take a ride in Sponge Bob!

CRAZY MAN! :cool

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here's a new one!

I've had a lot of compliments on the SSR but today on a trip thru the taco drive-thru the young girl sez, "wow thats neat, what is is"? Told her a Chevy SSR. Her reply was.........Looks like something from "Who framed Roger Rabbit".

·
Registered
137 Posts
I agree

I know all about that.......my wife used to say that about me. Just Kidding!!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
LMAO at drive thru comments...I just went through one with my wife last night. After the young girl working said "I like your carrrrr", I said "Honey, I don't think I have went though a drive thru yet that the person working didn't say SOMETHING...and they see a LOT of cars!"

Anyone else getting this at drive thru's?

P

·
0 Posts
>>" I think this is the best looking vehicle ever made", he paused for a second, and then he said, " and for me to say that is pretty good, I'm a FORD dealer!"<<

I guess he hasn't seen the new Ford GT yet. Best looking vehicle ever for me (some local wanker walked away from a $25k deposit, so I get to drool on one), but the SSR is a close second, and I could afford it....

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
A "10"

The wife and I drove down to Oceanside today and was cruzin the beach by the pier. This is a one-way street single lane with people walking in both directions right down on the beach. We were coming up on three guys sitting on the rocks checking out the ladies and judgeing them with signs that had numbers on them from one thru ten. One guy turn around and saw us coming down tap his friends who turned around also and check out the SSR, all three gave us a TEN.. :thumbs

·
Registered
178 Posts
compliments

i had a pizza delivered to my house yesterday afternoon and the young lady who made the delivery was very impressed with my ssr. she was asking all kinds of questions about it. :cool :thumbs

·
Registered
216 Posts
Lloger,

Took my baby to the local Ford dealership to estimate the boo boo yesterday. (they have the best body shop in town) The GM of the shop did the estimate and whispers to me while writing, "I wish someone would hurry and trade one of these in up here so I can get it, they won't let me buy a new one". I instantly thought of this post and busted my gut laughing so hard!

maybe them ford guys DO have some taste!

·
Registered
178 Posts
compliments

Digital said:
LMAO at drive thru comments...I just went through one with my wife last night. After the young girl working said "I like your carrrrr", I said "Honey, I don't think I have went though a drive thru yet that the person working didn't say SOMETHING...and they see a LOT of cars!"

Anyone else getting this at drive thru's?

i get a lot of compliments at sonic and places like that. always young ladies and occasionally the young men as well. i went to the dentist's office monday and the girls up there all love the ssr. one asked me when i was going to take her for a ride. a couple of the younger ones are really cute. i gave out a business card to one of them who said she loved the ssr and wants one for herself. alas, the price is still a little too steep for the younger generation in my home town. by the way, :) hi to everyone in dr. rubal's office if you happen to look in on our web site.

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Consider the source ????

hdflstf said:
Lloger,
Not to burst your bubble since that is a way cool :thumbs comment but,

consider the source - a Ford dealer!? :glol

Of course I'm waiting for that to happen to me. It'll probably be a Diahatsu dealer...
O.K. I'll give you the compliment... you own the best looking truck ever built!!!!
And that is coming from a Ford Lover and Owner!!!!
But, I also own an SSR !!!!!
Stop picking on us Ford owners, they may not be as pretty as an SSR... but they are dependable. The SSR was in the shop less than a week of owning it, the Ford is older and has not been in the shop yet!!!! :boxing

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Hey - I didn't only bust on the ford dealer.. BTW mine went into the shop 3 days after I bought it and then stayed there for 3 weeks. No 'new' car I ever bought has even come close to that - and they wonder why GM has sales problems - duh.

I am enjoying driving the new machine every day now :)

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Ford features

Plus, Ford's have that neat self igniting feature.... don't park too close to the house.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts