Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|

On my first pass and checking both drivers side and passenger side in the cab and under the hood at the firewall........not seeing any major wiring looms/bundles going thru so I could snake some small wires thru.

Need to get thru to complete my fog light (angel eye) hookup for an in the cab switch.

Any good recommendations on which side and where I can get thru with minimum hassle.

Minimum hassle is important now that I'm no longer that flexible. In my early 20's, I worked at a Chevy dealership prepping new cars for delivery. Had to lay upside down under dashes to install speakers and radios in the dash and drilll holes in the front or rear fender for the antenna, etc. Bend over under the hood to install Pwr steering pumps and then crawl under on a creeper to hook rest of it up and lots of other install work........

Can't make those up/down moves much anymore......... :frown2:

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,902 Posts
Rubber boot around the steering shaft is probably the best way to get some small wires through. Not many other places to get through that are accessible. Make a small cut with a sharp blade, pinch end of wires in the end of a unfolded coat hanger and push through until you can get to them under the dash.
No matter how you do it you'll need to lay under the dash.
The other option is to route the wires along the frame to the passenger side and pull them through the plastic plug under the passenger side seat, run wires under the carpet, door sill trim and kick panel and under the dash. Either way you'll need to get under the dash to get wires to a switch.
Greg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts