Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I just had to ask this stupid question before spring gets here. I have struggled over the years with trying to find an easier way to clean the complete inside of my rear window without having to take off the GM Wind-Break. I was hoping someone here could share their best and easiest method they use to clean the rear inside window.

Below are a few simple ideas that I was thinking about trying out. However, I really don't think any particular one of these will actually work very well thus the reason for this post. I have tried opening and closing the roof at different various heights to see if I could then reach in to clean the window easier.

Please share your thoughts about the your best and easiest technique you use, if you have a wind break in the way like I do, to be able to more easily clean the rear window.

Thanks! :)

:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,707 Posts
Doophus would say he has never had the top raised so don't worry about it
I clean it in a partially raised position, but I think the best advice I can give is on a cautionary level
Don't plant your knee into the seat bottom and lean in as you could very well create a problem with the electrical circuits regarding the heated seats.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
After lowering the top and raising the side windows, I use window cleaner and paper towels and clean the inside of my windshield and the inside of the windows. I then take my 10 mm 1/4 drive socket and ratchet and remove the two bolts holding on the wind screen. I then lift the top and use window cleaner and clean the inside. I reattach the windscreen and then raise the top and do the outsides of each.

Total time of about 15 minutes.

IMO

Dave

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
40,116 Posts
I also take my windscreen off to clean the rear window it's not that hard. :)

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
OK, I just had to ask this stupid question before spring gets here. I have struggled over the years with trying to find an easier way to clean the complete inside of my rear window without having to take off the GM Wind-Break. I was hoping someone here could share their best and easiest method they use to clean the rear inside window.

Below are a few simple ideas that I was thinking about trying out. However, I really don't think anyone of these will actually work very well thus the reason for this post. I have tried opening and closing the roof at different various heights to see if I could then reach in to clean the window easier.

Please share your thoughts about the your best and easiest technique you use, if you have a wind break in the way like I do, to be able to more easily clean the rear window.

Thanks! :)

View attachment 573883 :rolleyes:
Thank you Marc - I have been struggling with this all week - all without much luck, even with one of the long handled plastic handled, microfiber gizmo...

·
Administrator
8,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After lowering the top and raising the side windows, I use window cleaner and paper towels and clean the inside of my windshield and the inside of the windows. I then take my 10 mm 1/4 drive socket and ratchet and remove the two bolts holding on the wind screen. I then lift the top and use window cleaner and clean the inside. I reattach the windscreen and then raise the top and do the outsides of each.

Total time of about 15 minutes.

IMO

Dave
I also take my windscreen off to clean the rear window it's not that hard. :)
Yes, I certainly do agree with you both in that it is a fairly easy task to remove the Wind-Break. However, I was being a bit lazy and was hoping that there was an easier and faster method to quickly clean the rear window without having to remove the Wind-Break bumpers behind the seat.

*Perhaps I can find that Ireland ☘ SSR's Leprechaun to help me out instead of doing it myself. :LOL:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,675 Posts
Doesn't it just slide out of the slots when loosened?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts