Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u think is the best color for a ssr?
i like yellow

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
colors

I have had an accepted offer for some 20 mos. now and up till a bit ago there was no decision in my mind. BLUE!!!! Obviously that is not going to happen and I have contacted GM customer service and they can't give me a reason. Thus I have decided on yellow. I have a second unit coming also and that one will be black.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Since Slingshot Yellow is the only color that costs extra - I went with that. Better resale - IF I ever decide to sell...

Check out http://www.wieck.com/ - clicl the public link - and enter SSR as your search...

The Yellow can be enhanced in many ways...

See attached...

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so far, i like the two tone car that was on tour and as far as factory colors go..i love the silver that will be available in 04

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
paint color

I must say that for all the colors that I have seen on an SSR that I think that the yellow is the most eye catchin. All the other colors are nice but the yellow stands out the best, and I do agree that more accents can be done with yellow then any other color!! Every one that goes with yellow is a great decision.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Redline

For me, red was the only choice...literally. When I saw some people were finally getting theirs for list and under, I decided it was time for me to enter the fray. I went to GMs buyer site and asked for every available SSR within 3 hours of me. The only "option" I had to have was red. I would pay $1000 under sticker to any dealer that had a new red SSR. There were 7...5 said "no way" number 6 said "we'll take it" and here I am with my very own Redline Red. I agree the yellow is eye-catching and the black is great looking, too, but 10, 15, 20 years from now the red will still look great, never dated. But of course we bought these sweet rides for the here and now so whatever color you have, ENJOY!

Wasn't there a book a few years ago "All Corvettes Are Red"?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My SSR is Ultraviolet Purple and most people comment on how much they like the color. It's my personal opinion that all 5 colors look good and if everyone bought the same color it would be a boring world.

But then again you have to realize that I had a 1998 Corvette Indy Pace Car that was Radar Blue (really purple) with yellow wheels and yellow graphics.:lol

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I made a trip to Grand Rapids and back today. On the way back east on 69, I passed a carrier with five SSR's on the top. The rear SSR was a silver/grey in color. What's with that. I thought only red, black and yellow was made. It didn't look bad but was up on the truck and doing 70 MPH. I still want my yellow and now maybe silver SSR but the dealer prices are out of sight. They are asking $50,000 and up. I also checked out the red SSR at the Detroit Autoramma now in session at Cobo Hall. Some new features by GM Performance people. Enjoy your "wheels" I gotta wait. :banghead

·
Registered
136 Posts
ssr's

look a little south, Ohio, KY and IN and you'll find all kinds at msrp. it's an easy trip and you'll save a lot more than your travel costs(and you get to drive it all the way home)

t

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is Black. I like to call it Kickin' Assphalt instead of Smokin' Asphalt. I love it.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
To each..... his own.

I am proud that there are five colors. Wouldn't want them all to be the same. Here is my order of preference. Black, Red, Silver, Yellow, Blurple. I ordered black, but the red one came in and the dealer didn't know if he would even get the black, so I drive a red one. Silver is pretty, but not loud enough for this car. Yellow is ok on someone else's, but I don't think I could handle it for the long run. Blurple is simply a mistake; it screams MOPAR. And to think that the first ones were all blurple. Sheeeesh! Just my humble opinions; please don't stone me! Don

·
Registered
705 Posts
red is the only color worth mentioning. :)

Black, IMHO, hides all the great lines of this beauty. Yellow is too loud, purple is ugly, silver is blah... IMHO :)

don't be shy, let me have it :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
color

the BEST COLOR is the one YOU like the best

1 - 15 of 15 Posts