Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What radio have SSR owners been using with backup camera, ease of install, reliability, cost, etc. Looking for my Christmas present so all opinions welcomed. Thanks Jeff

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I have a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX and SXV200 SiriusXM tuner and back up camera installed in my 05 SSR at a SSR rally in Laughlin, NV in 2015. I like the radio and its accessories, the installation not so much. I think all of the radios are pretty much the same. I recommend you have the installation done by a local installer.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,763 Posts
Take care on installation, OEM SSR Radio is also SSR Security System, Radio programed to ECM by vin#.

Make sure you have qualified installer.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
1,545 Posts
What radio have SSR owners been using with backup camera, ease of install, reliability, cost, etc. Looking for my Christmas present so all opinions welcomed. Thanks Jeff
This is kind of like asking what is the best oil or tires! Lots of choices and everyone has an opinion LOL

Do your own research based on what features you want or don't care about to narrow down the choices. I like to use the Crutchfield website because you can put in your vehicle and get a list of all the head units that fit as well as all the installation accessories and adapters needed.

·
Premium Member
1,847 Posts
Also the Crutchfield Tech Support will walk you through any problems that you have. 24/7. Also buy the assembly service for the wiring. It will arrive Plug and Play. The sales people are great and will advise you on what to buy. A week after my radio shipped they lowered the price $100. They refunded a $100.
Jack

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,988 Posts
This is kind of like asking what is the best oil or tires! Lots of choices and everyone has an opinion LOL

Do your own research based on what features you want or don't care about to narrow down the choices. I like to use the Crutchfield website because you can put in your vehicle and get a list of all the head units that fit as well as all the installation accessories and adapters needed.
It's a trap.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,988 Posts
Best back up device.

·
SSR Believer
649 Posts
Also, consider a radio with 2 video inputs for rear & front cameras.
I added an extension to the second video input on our Pioneer stereo in case I wanted to add a front-facing camera for getting into tight spots, etc. but I'm not sure where I'd mount it since I don't run a front license plate. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
I know you said radio. But here is a thought.
I was satisfied with the radio and wanted a backup camera. I purchased a Garmin with Bluetooth, camera, dashcam and more. The camera is wireless, clip it on the license plate cover, attach the other end under the truck bed. The power cord lays up against the dash and around the door seam. I did add another power outlet under the glove box.
But that answers the ease of installation question.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts