Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my SSR for all summer and into the winter and got used to the head lights and well they are not the brightest. Tonight I switched vehicles and got out my Tracker and the head lights are quite a bit brighter and they are a plastic lens set up like the SSR. Has anyone found a better bulb to put in the SSR to give a brighter light?

·
Premium Member
646 Posts
Take a look at Sylvania ZXE bulbs. Brighter and whiter, meet US lighting standards, direct replacement.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Sylvania zXe will make you really happy with the light output. I have been using them for years. I have HID low beams in my 2015 Tahoe and installed zXe bulbs in the high beams. They are almost the same color.

Sylvania has now come out with “zXe Gold”..... have not compared them, but am sure they are just a little better, somehow......

Enjoy the ride,

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
Sylvania zXe will make you really happy with the light output. I have been using them for years. I have HID low beams in my 2015 Tahoe and installed zXe bulbs in the high beams. They are almost the same color.

Sylvania has now come out with “zXe Gold”..... have not compared them, but am sure they are just a little better, somehow......

Enjoy the ride,

Mike
This is what I run, tried HID, mess and illegal on the highway.

Sylvania ZXE #H-11 (running lights) ZXE #9005 Hi Beam. I have not tried the ZXE Gold. Plug and play, set about $60.00 bucks.

Dicktator

1 - 7 of 7 Posts