Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone attached a bicycle rack to the trailer hitch on their SSR. I have just purchased a 2004 and ride a recumbent trike that I would like to transport using the SSR.

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Has anyone attached a bicycle rack to the trailer hitch on their SSR. I have just purchased a 2004 and ride a recumbent trike that I would like to transport using the SSR.
If your bike rack attaches to a square receiver, then making something like this (if you have the hitch) might be what you are looking for!
NOTE: All SSRs are equipped with a special receiver - the hitch portion was an option that can be difficult to find.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,464 Posts
All of the recumbents I have seen are longer than the SSR is wide, I think. I am just wondering what configuration makes the hitch a viable place to mount it. I am always interested in seeing what is available. Please share with us when you find what you are looking for.

·
Two Tone Owner
2,423 Posts
This the receiver adapter that I had made at a welding shop.
It converts a ball hitch into a 2” square receiver hitch.
I have taken an electric bicycle from Pa to Fl, over 1100 miles
without any problems. Bike weighed over 50 lbs with batteries.
Walter

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 04 SSR and was in the same position last year. I ride a recumbent bicycle. I had go to harbor freight purchased a conversion for hauling a ATV TRAILER then another conversion to square and 3rd part to bring the square size smaller. I am not at home. Or I could give you The exact measurements for each piece I will get back on here and do that as soon as I get a chance I just happened to see your position and that's the same thing I went through so I'll get back with you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts