Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I promised to post some photos of the Big Boy steam locomotive in the park in Cheyenne for those of us who are planning to drive our SSRs next year to Utah.

The one that is being restored is still in the shop here in town being worked on.

That is my 5' 2" wife standing beside it to give you a sense of size.

KJA

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Dad is a retired RR engineer. He turned 95 on the Fourth of July. His RR career started as a Fireman which then was the man who shoveled coal into the burner on these steam engines! Don't know if he ever was on one of this model but I'm sure he remembers them. He worked for the railroads for 44 years with last 30 or so as an Engineer.

·
BlueStreak
26,574 Posts
I promised to post some photos of the Big Boy steam locomotive in the park in Cheyenne for those of us who are planning to drive our SSRs next year to Utah.

The one that is being restored is still in the shop here in town being worked on.

That is my 5' 2" wife standing beside it to give you a sense of size.

KJA
With the white top she is wearing it is almost impossible to see her standing on the platform in front of the boiler. Really shows the size well, if you can find her.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
xoxoxoBruce
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing